Confused...

Options
This may sound like a dumb question, BUT...if I measured out 3oz of dry spaghetti, but after I cooked it, it's like 6oz, would I put in 3oz or 6oz under the amount of spaghetti I have?

I would think it's still considered 3oz, right? Sorry if this sounds dumb :(

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    When you are looking at the nutritional data on the box - does it say 3oz dry or 3oz cooked. I am guessing it is 3oz dry - but check it out - it should say what one serving is and it should indicate if it is cooked or dry.

Vickie
  • DiscoveringDena
    Options
    When you are looking at the nutritional data on the box - does it say 3oz dry or 3oz cooked. I am guessing it is 3oz dry - but check it out - it should say what one serving is and it should indicate if it is cooked or dry.

Vickie

It just says 2oz is a serving, doesn't say dry/wet. I just went ahead and ate 3oz cooked and saved the rest for tomorrow. :bigsmile:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Eating the 3 oz cooked, was the wise choice. That is how I do mine as well.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    This may sound like a dumb question, BUT...if I measured out 3oz of dry spaghetti, but after I cooked it, it's like 6oz, would I put in 3oz or 6oz under the amount of spaghetti I have?

I would think it's still considered 3oz, right? Sorry if this sounds dumb :(

dry
  • Mahooka
    Mahooka Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with edorice - all you are adding is 3 oz of water to the 3 oz of dry to make it 6 oz - Right?
  • DiscoveringDena
    Options
    I agree with edorice - all you are adding is 3 oz of water to the 3 oz of dry to make it 6 oz - Right?

Right, the extra oz's wet is just water weight...I would assume it would have been safe to eat it all? I didn't, but would like to know for sure in the future.

Thanks for all of your quick responses.