Any Bridesmaids trying to lose weight?

I'm a Bridesmaid for a wedding on Nov. 16. Got a few pounds to lose in order to fit in my dress.

Replies

• BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Being a BM in March is ne of my many motivators. Kind of gutted that I will be lighter for my friend's wedding than I was at my own when I was the bride, hehe
  • I'm a Bridesmaid for a wedding on Nov. 16. Got a few pounds to lose in order to fit in my dress.

I'm a bridesmaid in a few days' time. The bride ordered a dress too small. I'm having it re-fitted. Simples.

I am NOT a fan of people feeling that they have to change themselves to fit clothes. My only reaction is :explode: :explode:. Clothes are to fit the wearer not the other way round, regardless of your independent diet/weight/fitness goals. I'd sort out a refitting.

Nov 16 is a month away. I'n my opinion trying to starve yourself into a bridesmaid dress in four weeks' time is not going to work. Set your own independent goals and get there in your own time.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    I'm going to be a bridesmaid in 6 months, hoping to look fabulous by then :) aiming to lose around 10lbs of fat by then and hopefully have a bit more definition.
  • emmajoy_21
    emmajoy_21 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm going to be a bridesmaid in September 2014 for one of my closest cousins and just yesterday my best childhood friend announced her engagement, but that won't be for a couple of years. Nevertheless I'm starting now because I have alot of weight to lose.My cousin, the bride for the first wedding, is also losing weight so we're kind of doing it together which is good.

I especially want to make sure I'm looking fine for my friend's wedding because the other three bridesmaids are really, really, really petite and I'm 5' 10" so I already stick out.

My goal is to lose about 48kgs (1 kg a week) by my cousin's wedding in June and then the rest afterwards.
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    I'm a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding next July 2014. Totally forget sometimes but it is one of the reasons I decided to finally lose weight. I am determine to finally get to a body type where I can be totally comfortable with myself to have a good time. Plus the time frame helps keep me motivated to continue each day. Although at this point eating healthy, working out and running is starting to become second nature. I still have another 50 lbs to lose at least. So I'm determined to get this weight off my frame before her wedding and look as toned as possible as well, which is why I can't wait to start SL's soon. Anyway add me if you like as well.
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Going to be the Bride 8 months from today :-) sill a few pounds and some toning to do
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Matron of Honor here.. I started losing weight 9 months ago for my bestie's wedding, which is coming up in March. I have a little less than 14 lbs to go as of this morning. But always looking for new friends!
  • tirola
    tirola Posts: 74 Member
    I'm the Maid of Honor in my brothers wedding that is going to be in March 2014. It's good motivation to stick with my workout program right now!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    I'm a Bridesmaid for a wedding on Nov. 16. Got a few pounds to lose in order to fit in my dress.

I'm a bridesmaid in a few days' time. The bride ordered a dress too small. I'm having it re-fitted. Simples.

I am NOT a fan of people feeling that they have to change themselves to fit clothes. My only reaction is :explode: :explode:. Clothes are to fit the wearer not the other way round, regardless of your independent diet/weight/fitness goals. I'd sort out a refitting.

Nov 16 is a month away. I'n my opinion trying to starve yourself into a bridesmaid dress in four weeks' time is not going to work. Set your own independent goals and get there in your own time.

I see what you've saying. I'm not planning to do anything drastic, but this is good motivation to stay on program.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    I actually bought my dress a few months ago in the size I was about 10 lbs ago. I knew I was going to be at least a size smaller by the date of the wedding and planned to have it altered but didnt want to jinx it by ordering the smaller size. I did try on the smaller size and it did zip but because of my boobs I couldn't breathe.

My bride doesn't care if I lose weight or not for her wedding but I do. Im not doing it just to fit into a dress, Im doing it because I needed to for me and this was the kick in the pants I needed to get it done. I felt horrible the first time I went to try on dresses... my self esteem was already low, but after that day... it jumped off a cliff.

Now, I feel much better about myself and Im down about 4 dress sizes from the first time I tried on my dress.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    That's where I am right now. I get into the dress, but I can't breathe in it (and boobs are the main place where it is too small). The bride is also trying to lose.
  • sajero2
    sajero2 Posts: 47 Member
    Curious how you all did/are doing as you get closer to your weddings? I am going to be a bridesmaid in April. The wedding was originally going to be next August or September, so I ordered a size 8 at David's Bridal thinking even that would be too big after all these months of working out and losing weight. Well, the wedding was moved up to April so I'm a bit nervous about the smaller dress! I was about a 10 when i tried it on last week so here's hoping I can drop a size between now and April! I am doing Body Revolution and losing inches steadily so really hoping it's not an issue!!
  • MommaChocoLatte
    Curious how you all did/are doing as you get closer to your weddings? I am going to be a bridesmaid in April. The wedding was originally going to be next August or September, so I ordered a size 8 at David's Bridal thinking even that would be too big after all these months of working out and losing weight. Well, the wedding was moved up to April so I'm a bit nervous about the smaller dress! I was about a 10 when i tried it on last week so here's hoping I can drop a size between now and April! I am doing Body Revolution and losing inches steadily so really hoping it's not an issue!!

I am about 7-8 lbs from goal. I decided to stop at the top of my goal range until after the wedding., I bought my dress back in late June in the size that fit when I had to make the purchase (bridal size 12) and I knew it would need to be altered.. totally prepared for it. I tried it on last week and it's about a size too big. I go for alterations in late January, the wedding is in March.

Pic of me in the dress last week:

1455991_10153412710425524_261069052_n.jpg
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Yep yep!! July 2014:)
    I'm going to make this work!! And I'm not doing this a third time!
    Feel free to add me as well:)
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
    I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a year :)
  • Great thread idea! I'm going to be the maid of honor in my sister's wedding this August. I have about 10 more pounds to lose and then I want to work on improving muscle tone.

I'm not getting in shape specifically for the wedding but knowing that it's coming up, and that I'll be wearing a strapless dress, has been a helpful motivator for me. Keeps me going when I feel like giving up!

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    I'm another who got the date moved up suddenly. I thought they had until September 2014, but may only have until March. Eeep! Good news is it might be a Vegas wedding and I can pick my own dress. Bad news---it's the desert and too flippin hot to properly conceal my bingo wings. Time to put on the game face and pick up the hand weights!
  • s4naz
    s4naz Posts: 86 Member
    My friend's wedding is November 8! I need to get down at least a dress size. I ordered a 10 (which fit but I could barely breathe or bend over lol)

ahhhh....
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    matron of honor next june. i just started here, and lost about 10 pounds. by the time the wedding is here i hope to be at goal, i have enough time to lose 60 more pounds.

not sure what to do about ordering a dress though... i'm losing, AND breastfeeding, i have NO idea what size i'll be, and i have the feeling she'll want to get the dresses settled asap and not wait till the end of summer, and they cant take the dress in 2 or 3 sizes (i asked at a bridal salon)
  • s4naz
    s4naz Posts: 86 Member
    matron of honor next june. i just started here, and lost about 10 pounds. by the time the wedding is here i hope to be at goal, i have enough time to lose 60 more pounds.

not sure what to do about ordering a dress though... i'm losing, AND breastfeeding, i have NO idea what size i'll be, and i have the feeling she'll want to get the dresses settled asap and not wait till the end of summer, and they cant take the dress in 2 or 3 sizes (i asked at a bridal salon)

Did she say why she wants to find the dresses so early? You only really need about 5-7 months from what I hear....