Starting to get Hungry...

Options
Every time I start eating less food, I notice that the first two days I am fine, but by the third day all I want to do is eat, and I feel hungry more often. How do you prevent this?

Is there something I can do to make me less hungry? Day three and four is generally when I binge? I want to not do it this time.
Thanks

Replies

• Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Eat more....lifestyle changing. It is my only rule...never starve or go hungry.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you are cutting back. If you cut back a lot then your body gets really desperate for food after a couple of days. If you are being moderate in your cut backs then it might be a mind thing. If it is a mind thing try keeping less junk in your house or drinking water and waiting to see if you are actually hungry.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Better choice of food is usually the answer - not processed, lots of protein, veggies.
  • evilemma72
    evilemma72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yup sounds normal to me - I find keeping a load of cut up raw carrots next to me a real help as it makes your body acknowledge you are eating and it dumbs down the hunger pains.... Drink water too... always helps....
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I notice the same thing...and if I feel hungry, I eat. But I also assess if I'm hungry or not. Sometimes I need to drink water...or I'm just munchy...if it's genuine stomach-gurgling, ravenous, I'm truly hungry hunger, I go for something nourishing and filling.

Whole wheat crackers with natural peanut butter
    An apple and some cheese
    Veggies with hummus
    A small bowl of cereal
    A banana with peanut butter

And the list goes on. I don't let myself eat munchy foods when I'm truly hungry-I eat something satisfying.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Every time I start eating less food, I notice that the first two days I am fine, but by the third day all I want to do is eat, and I feel hungry more often. How do you prevent this?

Is there something I can do to make me less hungry? Day three and four is generally when I binge? I want to not do it this time.
    Thanks

how much is 'less food'?
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Look into leangains.com. The first three or so days are pretty hard, or were for me, but then the hunger just left. Since then even after I got off leangains (work sucks) the hunger has been VERY easy to control.
  • NuttyforHealth
    Options

Thanks

how much is 'less food'?

I am eating roughly 1500 calories a day plus exercise calories (I am losing the last five pounds), so my deficit is very small.