140 down, done losing!

Options
jdhobson
jdhobson Posts: 42 Member
0fy2.jpg

SW: 340
EW: 201

I have experienced the greatest last year and a half of my life. I was having some health problems and the doctor told me to get it together before things got much worse. I'm not sure why I listened to him, but I am so thankful that I did.

Along with losing the 140 pounds.. I've finished my bachelor's degree and am halfway to a Master's degree in Special Education.

Oh, and I just purchased an engagement ring for my girlfriend who has been the greatest supporter of me in my journey to better health.

I guess you could say - I am living the dream.

On another note, I just want to express the importance of a community like this. A lot of times, I had no one to go to in my dieting because people didn't understand. I have become very passionate about cooking and often had nobody to talk to about it. Myfitnesspal changed that for me. It always gave me a group of people to communicate with, whether it was just a reminder of I'm not going through this alone or if it was one of my friend's complimenting my logging. This is a special place and I am extremely grateful for stumbling upon this website and this community of people.

What now?

I'm lifting weights and eating good food while I wait for the leftover skin on my stomach to adjust. I figured if I added some muscle it would help me. Other than that, I am just going to apply all the knowledge I have gained over the past 2 years so I can maintain a balanced and happy life. I am also spending my time trying to help others who are looking to adjust their lifestyle and put health first. People have come around and started to open up now that I have shown a dramatic change. My goal is to get to my parents. They are both fairly unhealthy but they have started dieting recently. Both are extremely sensitive, so I have to watch how I talk about living a healthier lifestyle with them. Hopefully, I can do something to help them in the near future.

Thanks for the look! Good luck on your goals! We are all capable of having a success story.

PS. Sorry for the corny mirror flex! :) I've never had anything that was even close to a muscle!

Replies

• skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Good Job !
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You look awesome! Congrats on your bachelor's degree and upcoming engagement :happy:
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • snoopymcc
    Options
    Wow! Very inspirational!!! Way to go and *applause* for your hard work!!!
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    Congratulations!!! and good luck with the proposal! a very exciting time!!
  • fuji1010
    fuji1010 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!!! You are my hero!!!

Joe
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! We're bros, in a sense. I started at 340 and 200ish pounds is my ultimate goal too. Less than 30 to go, should be done in time for April birthday.
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    good for you!!
  • StrawMouse
    StrawMouse Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! The difference there is really profound - you can see the change in lifestyle in your face as well as your body. As for the last bit, about helping people, FWIW, this is definitely inspirational.
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! I can even see in your face that you look so much healthier!
    Congrats on all of your achievements!! Flex away - you've earned the right!
  • vmr2811
    Options
    Amazing job!! Congrats on everything, it is very well deserved!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all points! Sometimes people don't understand what all the advantages and changes that come with weight loss mean. It frightens them to suddenly have control. I too love to support those trying to make a difference. You look wonderful!!!!!
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Love to read success stories, it helps the rest of us to know that one day we will be a success story too. Congrats on school, weight loss and getting engaged! :smile:
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    WOW. What a success story. I am SO happy for you! Congratulations - very inspiring! School, career, health, dream girl - this is totally what we all needed on a Monday morning! :) You rock!
  • thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Having seen a lot of 300+ bodies, your "before" image looks surprisingly fit for how much you weighed.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Standing ovation for you!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • DebraJPotts
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your story inspired me more to work harder to lose what I need to.
    Good luck on your engagement.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You have done outstanding in all aspects of your life recently! Kudos to you and congrats on the engagement! Good luck helping your parents, that's awesome that you're trying to pay it forward to the people you love most :)
    Love the corny muscle flex :tongue:
  • jdhobson
    jdhobson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! We're bros, in a sense. I started at 340 and 200ish pounds is my ultimate goal too. Less than 30 to go, should be done in time for April birthday.

The last 30 is your victory lap. Enjoy it! Congrats to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!