i was in a wicked mood...

Options
...until i got off my butt and worked out!

here is my situation: in order to ensure that i get my work outs in during the week, i go to the gym straight from my job. i do this because as soon as i get home, all i want to do is relax and decompress from my day at work. i also rely on family for the use of their car to get to the gym as i can't afford a car at the moment. :(

tonight i came home after work rather than going straight to the gym as my sister needed to get home (we drive to work back and forth together). but after watching a bit of t.v. at home, i got in a viciously cranky mood because i hadn't exercised! i was so unbelievably angry, i could almost feel my cheeks burning. why was i so mad? why was i in such a sour mood? i was mad at myself for not having a way to go the gym. i was so mad for having convinced myself that i didn't have the energy to work out, and so on. does anybody else feel like they're trapped sometimes by their own lack of motivation?

after some intense debating with myself, i got off the couch and popped in a work out dvd i bought in college. i had done this dvd pnly once before and my thighs and butt now remember why! HAHA. i sweat so much and felt a serious burn all over my body...which put me in such a BETTER MOOD!

to all of you out there who are feeling glum, upset, angry, sad... a little exercise can make the world of a difference! i promise! :)

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!! That is an incredible feat that you just accomplished. Most people would have sunk into the couch and vegged. I will remember you tomorrow morning when I'm trying to talk myself out of walking! Thank you.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I agree totally ! I can be in the worst mood but about 20 minutes into my workout I start to feel better. It's true, exercise releases those happy endorphins. Thanks for posting. Another reminder of why I need to work out. :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. Sometimes sleeping/relaxing/whatever SEEMS like it's going to feel so much better than working out. But I have yet to complete a workout and not feel better for doing it. That's what gets me off my butt most of the time! The rest of the time it's knowing the guilt I'll be feeling from not working out.

Glad it put you in a better mood. Just be sure to remember how much better it made you feel next time you would rather do something else!
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    I use to talk myself out of working out all the time. now I am like you and don't feel right if I don't do it. Funny now we talk ourselves into it. Good job girlie!
  • TuDominicano
    TuDominicano Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    good for you. proud of you.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Good thing to remember, thanks for sharing. and so glad you found a way to work out when you couldn't get to the gym. Things could have turned ugly! :happy:
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    SO TRUE!!! I wake up early & workout before I get ready for work everyday: there are times I think "you know what, I'll just take a day off and sleep in a bit, I'm really tired" and then I remember how I feel after my workouts & how much better I feel & I control my eating throughout the day instead of binge/emotional eating. So everyday, I wake up early and workout and feel SO MUCH BETTER!! Exercising released feel-good endorphins & serotonin: ESPECIALLY for people who have depression, whether mild or full-blown manic, exercising is EXCELLENT natural medication :happy:
  • lesleybritton
    Options
    I agree totally ! I can be in the worst mood but about 20 minutes into my workout I start to feel better. It's true, exercise releases those happy endorphins. Thanks for posting. Another reminder of why I need to work out. :flowerforyou:

Your ticker is making me release all kinds of happy endorphins... or something of the kind. :-)
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! And yes I get cranky when I can't exercise. It's amazing that a little sweat can put you in a great mood, plus you eat better the rest of the day/night too :smile:
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Your ticker is making me release all kinds of happy endorphins... or something of the kind. :-)

I agree, love your ticker!!!! :wink: