Need serious encouragement!

Options
I started my journey a little over a year ago and stopped it when the holidays came.I went back to Miami (currently living in Ga) and was unable to work out and lost momentum. Then i yo yoed around for the last 8 months . I had lost 47 lbs and got stuck, Now i started truly working out and eating right again and lost 7 lbs in 14 days. I know i should be happy and excited but i still don't feel likes its enough. I am just feeling deflated ( for lack of a better word) right now. I set a personal goal of 20 pounds in 3 weeks. and seeing that i only have a week and a half left and not any where near where i want to be... is very disappointing. i am very proud of my progress but i want and feel i deserve so much more. The scale sucks.... I"m so mad at my body.. I burn 900 calories a day and eat 1200.Starting weight was 236 im currently 183 lbs and i feel like im never going to get into the 170s much less the 160s.

Please no rude comments.. i just really need support...

Replies

• fighterwithin
    fighterwithin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hey there! i just (literally) signed up and this is the first post i've commented on so forgive me if i dont do it right haha. ive recently lost 60 pounds and i have been stuck at the same number for three weeks now. i really want to lose my last ten but it doesnt seem to want to be lost. i too was losing motivation, but then i tried on my old clothes (i keep two outfits of my fat days) and i looked through my "before" pictures. seeing my own journey i thought about how proud id be of any other person in my shoes, so i thought why in the hell am i being so down on myself? the point im trying to make is, look in the mirror and recognize the beautiful person looking back. if your body isnt cooperating with your minds motivation to loose huge numbers, just simply shake things up by making a new goal. find a tighter top or shorts you own, and tell yourself that in two weeks time it will feel looser and much more comfortable. and when you hit that goal, and i know you will, dont forget to recognize it. and even if it takes you three weeks or a month for the clothes to fit better, youre still moving forward. your self outlook will always be the leading cause in your success or your fail. but i have faith that if youre on here, you want this. i know that you will hit your goals, you just need to have faith in yourself. i wish you all of the luck, and i truly hope this helped you even a little.
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck for the last 11 years....well more like yo yoing. My body isn't built for less then 150's I can tell that, so one thing is to make sure that it is a realistic number. I know I will never be 130, my body isn't built for it, I have thick hips and bones. While it would be nice and welcomed, its just not realistic for me. So day by day. Being healthy and not looking at a number is what matters most :)

I'm here if you want support.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    20 pounds is so much to lose in 3 weeks! Ease up on yourself, maybe taking some of the pressure off will ale you feel better about the whole thing. Also, I'd feel pretty discouraged if I was living on so little too. 1200 isn't much and it really isn't much if you're truly burning 900 calories a day. Eating more won't make you lose weight faster, but it might help your outlook.
  • Routerninja
    Options
    I think your goal was pretty aggressive. I can lose that much but I also have almost 200 lbs to lose. Shoot for 2 pounds a week, that is a lot more realistic at your size.
  • Julie20fan
    Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I sent you a private message, but please try not to be so hard on yourself. 20 pounds is a lot of weight to lose in 3 weeks. Shoot for short term goals that are realistic. Seven pounds in two weeks is an amazing accomplishment. I also would not recommend weighing yourself so much. If you feel a difference in your clothes then base your weight loss on that. Are you doing a particular workout program? What are you doing for exercise? I have an accountability group starting on December 1st if you would like to be a part of a group of people who are all working towards the same goal. I would love to have you and maybe this is something you need to stay motivated. Please feel free to either email me on here or email me at Julie20fan@nc.rr.com
  • Sandysfree
    Sandysfree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Your body is sabotaging itself. 1200 calories is too low. You need fuel to burn fuel. Your body thinks it is in starvation mode and holding on to the weight. Plus are you measuring yourself? Sometimes the scale won't move but your still losing body fat and that will show through inches. Your clothes will be smaller even if the weight isn't that much lower. You can do it!
  • CoryBastine
    Options
    First off, congrats on losing the weight that you have already lost, THAT in itself is a great accomplishment. Like others have said, 20lbs is a little to aggressive. I live by the quote, "Slow and steady always wins the race." It works the same with weight loss, a slow and steady weight loss will be much easier to keep off then quick. We all want the quick fix/result but it isn't always good. If I can give you some advise, when you plateau, try to switch up what you are doing. (Eatting, workout schedule, ect.) That is what has always worked for me. Keep up the great work and keep your held up high! :) Your doing great, and don't let anyone tell you differently!!

And Ill leave you with this quote, "Losing weight isn't a race, it is a marathon."
  • dgeorgiadis
    dgeorgiadis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Loose weight is a marathon not a sprint. 20 pounds in 3 weeks is not only unrealistic but dangerous and unhealthy. I lost 60 pounds on Weight Watchers after my son was born and it did not take too long, about 8 months. I gained it all back. This time it is taking longer and I get frustrated but keep telling myself slow and steady, it's a marathon. It's tough especially because we want what we want when we want it. Hang in there, it will happen. Oh and if your food/exercise ratio is accurate, you are sabbatoging yourself.
  • angel_in_paris
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! I don't lose nearly that fast.. only 1/2 pound to max 2 pounds per week. You will get there! Try to keep focusing on the progress you've made. Last time I gained and lost all the weight I also had a plateau for a while. Just don't give up!