Fatty Goes Running!

Options
Hey Everybody! I just started using MFP on my phone a few days and I am really excited about how helpful it's been already. I am glad to be part of this community!

So about me....
Ummm I am 26 years old. I weighed 357 pounds last time I was on a scale. I recently quit my job out of boredom and broke up with my girlfriend and moved across the country. I started barefoot running on October 6th and have completely changed my lifestyle. I've lost 14 pounds since then as of Sunday.... What else.... hmmm I'm a dude.... OH! And I started a super awesome blog that you should all follow and love and below you should tell me if you have personal blogs that I can follow and love and support!

www.fattygoesrunning.com

Excited to meet ya!
-Jake

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    very cool! I will check out your website!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Haha!
    Congratulations on your weight loss thus far!
    Good luck with the rest of the process.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody! I just started using MFP on my phone a few days and I am really excited about how helpful it's been already. I am glad to be part of this community!

So about me....
    Ummm I am 26 years old. I weighed 357 pounds last time I was on a scale. I recently quit my job out of boredom and broke up with my girlfriend and moved across the country. I started barefoot running on October 6th and have completely changed my lifestyle. I've lost 14 pounds since then as of Sunday.... What else.... hmmm I'm a dude.... OH! And I started a super awesome blog that you should all follow and love and below you should tell me if you have personal blogs that I can follow and love and support!

www.fattygoesrunning.com

Excited to meet ya!
    -Jake

Good blog Jake - take care of that foot. and did you get the job?

Vickie
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jake,
    sounds like you were ready for a big change. I am myself just getting into running and have thought about the barefoot running. But anyway's good luck on all the big changes in your life and pretty soon you may be blogging about skinny that goes running. MFP is an awesome tool and you never have to be alone on your journey.
  • lavaflow99
    lavaflow99 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision to get on the road of healthy!! Good luck!!
  • RuthWorth
    RuthWorth Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome --- I check out our brog. Keep up the good work
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi Jake! Nice to see you here.

Congrats on the lifestyle change and getting into running. It's definitely my sanity at times (but i wear shoes, lol...my feet (and my knee) didn't like the barefoot thing very much.

Lisa
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I just looked you up and I sure wish I knew when you were at LAX - you can run to the BEACH from there! I live nearby - you passed me on the way to Santa Monica (LOL) and bike to the beach all the time! Congrats on your weight loss, running and spirit.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Great blog! Glad you're liking MFP! I LOVE It!
  • hopeandj
    hopeandj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    welcome! I definitely check out your blog!
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! Yeah the foot is a bit tender right now, all part of the barefoot changeover though. I've not heard of many that have escaped some kind of pain when making the switch!

About the job - I actually told them I wasn't right for it! It was a director job for a swim school and they wanted someone to maintain what they had built, I can't do that - I would get too bored not creating! I am going to keep looking for the right gig that allows me to be creative and inspired not one that just wants me to keep things going.

I'm so happy for all the welcomes! Very cool kids, very cool.
  • JennSever
    Options
    Welcome and congrats!
    I'll take a gander at your blog...why barefoot running?
  • ajcooper
    Options
    Great blog! Running is the only exercise I really enjoy doing, might take a look at barefoot running as well!
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • AdventureVia
    Options
    barefoot is natural! I love the idea of being natural. The shoe companies have told us for years their shoes are to protect our feet but the padded heels from normal shoes cause us to land heel first, something we don't naturally do when walking or running barefoot. Check out the blog, I have a few posts about why I am choosing to go minimalist! (I do wear shoes most of the time but they are crazy awesome minimalist five fingered shoes!)
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP. really like your blog! keep up the good work! :glasses:
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :smile:
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    Just checked out your blog, you're off to a great start. Good luck to you on your new journey. Oh just curious, how does a 26 year old live in Sun City?
  • AdventureVia
    Options
    Ha! No Sun City for me, I changed it and got the right one (for now!) in! It's the same zip code as Sun City! It'll be changing again soon when I nail down my next job, where ever that may be!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words and for subscribing to the blog and for adding me as a friend. I am really glad to have found this site and I am excited about motivating and being motivated!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! keep up the good work! :happy: