I'm your guniea pig for this food journaling!

Options
Hello, my name is Jerri. I am a mommy of 3 children (7, 5, 4 yrs old). I have battled weight even before I had children. It just got worse afterwards. I had 3 csections so it became even harder to get rid of the weight! But I have lost 34 lbs in 2005 by calculating what I eat in 14 weeks! I got off that and began being stubburn and eating when and what I wanted. Well then I got diagnosed with thyroid disease (the fattening one) in 2006 after just losing weight after my 3rd child was born! I worked so hard and then boom! I gained 30lbs on the Synthroid pill! I gave up! So my journey ended and I became fat all over again. I love food. I enjoy it! But I didnt want to get back on the boat of knowing WHAT I ate and HOW MUCH...I knew it was not good.

So years have passed and 2010 arrived...January I said "NO, I will lose weight!" Well I did make a promise and kept it for a while. Got off the soda and that helped ALOT, ate healthier, and started working out, walking, etc. Did go down about 6-7 lbs which was GREAT! Well I stopped. I hurt my back over the summer and ended up just giving up again. Sad. I started back up again in August, said I will do this! Did my normal working out, walking, etc. Eating better again. Well I just couldnt lose. I was missing something...I know now...ACCOUNTABILITY! I was just eating good foods but enjoying a few Mcds Mocha Frappes everyday (really fatty and such) and eating some restaurant meals that were loaded with salts and fats. The list goes on! I was kidding myself! NACHOS? FULLY LOADED? lol! So I got sick with tonsilitis the last week in Sept. Which the day I went to the dr for it was Sept 28 (this yr). I got on that scale and saw 224lbs! UGH!!! I was 234 last Christmas so hey that was good but still...I was just maintaining my weight all that time after losing from January! Well my bst friend who remember a time when I calculated my food intake, calories, fats, etc text me and facebooked me and said "You need to wirte it down! You lost weight before doing that! You need accountability!" Well I said to myself "no way that is too much work". LOL Too much work? When I seen the results in that past? I shouldve woke up a long time ago! Hello? So October 2nd I weighed myself (I was eating healthy and walking), I was 223 lbs! October 3 I started journaling my food! Writing it down in my notebook! Now I am 13 lbs down from doing so! I found this website on Tuesday, October 26 and I love it! It has the foods I eat in the database and its awesome to update my friends and family on facebook about my diary as well! ACCOUNTABILITY! 4 weeks=13 lbs! Woo hoo!

So I am your guniea pig and now you see it works!! Have a great night! Thanks for reading. My journey is never ending!:happy:

Replies

• Happytobealive
    Options
    Don't give up on yourself Jerri, you are worth it and so are your 3 children. Good luck on your Journey and know that you are not alone. :flowerforyou:
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Jerri_Thompson
    Options
    Thanks!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Stick with writing down what your are eating and holding yourself accountable.
    I understand how you feel because I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism this summer. Losing weight is real struggle for me too. When my doctor first put me on Synthyroid, I lost weight. Now, I'm stuck! Oh well-nothing else to do but keep plugging along!
    Take care and don't give up!