Brisk walk Succes Stories (pics pls)

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful thread !!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smooched: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I totally agree!
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Walking and change of diet will def give results.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like to hike...or I did. I got really fat and now when I walk on concrete or the flat ground the lower part of my back is in pretty strong pain within about 10 minutes of walking. Went to the Good Feet store and bought $500 worth of inserts....they have helped some and my feet don't hurt after a day at work, so I feel like they were worth something. I am hoping that once I can get rid of some weight (30-50) I can start walking outside on the flat ground again without too much back pain. I use my elliptical every night now for 30 mins usually, and now I'm hitting the 40 min mark more often...it doesn't make my back hurt and spares my knees from a lot of the concussion. I miss walking in the woods, hiking, walking trails, and walking at lunch time. I don't appear to have any damage to my discs or nerves, the pain is mostly muscle strain so I hope more walking on the machine and more weigh coming off will improve it...then I am going outside.
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This gives me so much help! I would love to run or even jog,but can't. I walk at least six days at 3 to 5 miles. I'm starting off at 291 an want to get to 150. Knowing that walking will help me is encouraging since my parents don't think that it will do any good
  • reasons2lie
    Options
    While cardio is great for weight loss combined with calories deficit, I honestly think resistant training is better. It helps insure you retain any muscle you might have ( might even grow some if your a beginner) and burn the unwanted fat. The scale might not move down as fast as doing cardio but what count is how satisfy you are with the way you look isn't it and not just the number on the scale.
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    WOW. You all ROCK! I do walking with short bursts of jogging. The problem is, I don't do it often enough. My goal is to increase frequency. You all put me to shame!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi. I usually walk 3x's per week...

3.5 ~ 4.0 mph depending on my mood
    45 minutes ~ 1.5 hours

I also swim at least 2 x's per week...

45 minutes ~ combination of strokes ~ free, breast, and back (not in good enough shape to do butterfly...yet)

I eat at a calorie deficit. I do not eat back my exercise calories.

209 ~ weight when I started exercising (231 when diet changed)
    179 ~ current weight

Good luck on your journey!

30_lb_diff.jpg
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    it's not like a treadmill where you can get off -- once you walk somewhere, you have to walk back.

Love this!
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bobbilum
    Options
    I walk 6 days a week (an hour each time) on a treadmill, at 4 mph. I worked my way up from a slower pace and shorter time. I've lost about 40 lbs so far (since the end of July), but I also have curtailed calories to a 1 lb a week rate.
    I have Amazon prime, and a smart tv in the spare room, and I have a long watch list of stuff that hubby doesn't care to watch, but I love...so that's my incentive to get in and walk.
    I do it not just for weight loss, but for blood sugar control. BP has come down to the point that my meds were decreased, and if they are stable at my next check, may be discontinued.
    I still have 15-20 lbs more till I get under the 25 BMI to be in the normal range, which is a goal of mine.

Drawback, my "girls" have shrunk so...I actually found I was wearing my genie bra backwards the other day, and didn't notice for most of it....
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I also love to walk!! I hate cardio ie elliptical, however I do get on the "beast' when I can't walk but absolutely hate it!!! I have a treadmill which I stored in my garage at the beginning of spring because I could walk out doors. I need to get it back in my house now because the weather is getting cold.

My problem is consistency! This tread has given me inspiration and motivation to become faithful to walking/working out!!

I really think we should start a walkers group with this bunch!!! Notify me if someone decides to start the group PLEASE!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I also love to walk!! I hate cardio ie elliptical, however I do get on the "beast' when I can't walk but absolutely hate it!!! I have a treadmill which I stored in my garage at the beginning of spring because I could walk out doors. I need to get it back in my house now because the weather is getting cold.

My problem is consistency! This tread has given me inspiration and motivation to become faithful to walking/working out!!

I really think we should start a walkers group with this bunch!!! Notify me if someone decides to start the group PLEASE!!

We have a group...for walking daily it's a 90 day 10,000 steps challenge that's heavy on daily accountability and encouragement. I'll send you an invitation!
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Would you send me an invitation, too? . . .Now I need to find my fitbit!
  • dqbound
    Options
    I'd like an invitation too please but I don't have a fitbit. :(
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    We have a group...for walking daily it's a 90 day 10,000 steps challenge that's heavy on daily accountability and encouragement. I'll send you an invitation!

I would like to join your group!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Years prior to joining MFP in 2012, I did lose weight by taking brisk walks of 2-4 miles approx. 4 nights per week. I was at my all time highest weight of 307 and this got me to 272 lb, although it took 3 years. I made no dietary changes during that time.
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I walk 6-7 days a week. I tend to go first thing every morning as part of my routine. I have a trail nearby that I really like that is 4 miles long and I go as far as I can in one hour and during the coldest part of winter I have a treadmill. A year ago I was only getting about 1.5- 2 miles and now I am right at 4 miles. Between the walking and watching what I eat I am losing weight, but importantly it making me healthier in a way that I can continue the rest of my life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!