Baked cinnamon apples

Options
Does anyone have a recipe for baked cinnamon apples?

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    My *recipe* is to just slice an apple, put it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or until the apple is soft, and then top w/ cinnamon, plain yogurt, and walnuts. It's like a warm apple pie ala mode but much healthier. :bigsmile: It's even better if you add some whole cranberries to the apple slices... the tart and sweet combo is awesome!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I usually cut one into slices, put it into a microwave safe bowl, sprinkle cinammon and artificial sweetener, and then pop it into the microwave for a minute and a half! Can also add walnuts or pecans ;-)
  • eannes
    eannes Posts: 11
    Options
    Not baked cinnamon apples really...but sometimes for a quick dessert for myself I just slice an apple, sprinkle on a little Splenda & cinnamon, cover and microwave for a minute or two. Good with yogurt too!
  • brownspicegirl
    Options
    Coke Baked apples
    Core the apples and stuff with some raisins and dust with cinnamon
    Pour a can of diet coke over and bake covered with cling wrap in microwave for 10 mins or cover with foil and bake for 30 mins
    These are very good and few calories, tastes better the next day, coke adds flavor, pour out after baking the apples. I use one can of coke for 3 apples.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    How have I not heard of this wonderful sounding dessert?????
    I will have to try tomorrow! Yummy!
    Thanks for posting!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've been baking acorn squash and putting the baked apple mixture in the middle and eating that for dinner. Apple-stuffed squash. It's magical. Seriously. My kids even love it.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I would HIGHLY recommend NOT using your microwave as it completely fries all of the nutrient value in the food. I kills everything, trust me!
    -Sorry I just had to add that!

Here's how I make mine!
    I core and peel an apple. Then sprinkle 1 tsp of raw sugar and cinnamon on top and put 2 table spoons of water in the bottom of the dish to keep it from drying out.

I usually use a covered dish with a lid to bake it in.

Then place it in the oven and bake on 375 for about an hour. It's only 100-150 calories depending on the size and variety of the apple and it is oh so delicious!

Good luck!
    -Chancy
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bump, cuz these recipes sound delish!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    To me baking takes too long and microwaving just doesn't come out quite right. Therefore I grill mine! I put it on the highest place so it hits the heat but not the flame. Slice apple(s) and girll each side a few minutes until soft, then I sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar on top. Mmmm :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I've been baking acorn squash and putting the baked apple mixture in the middle and eating that for dinner. Apple-stuffed squash. It's magical. Seriously. My kids even love it.

Could you give me your exact recipe? I'm really simple! I am always looking for recipes that my kids might eat and would love to try squash (other than summer and zucchini) but I'm scared of them!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My *recipe* is to just slice an apple, put it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or until the apple is soft, and then top w/ cinnamon, plain yogurt, and walnuts. It's like a warm apple pie ala mode but much healthier. :bigsmile: It's even better if you add some whole cranberries to the apple slices... the tart and sweet combo is awesome!

That sounds awesome! I'm going to have to try that this weekend.
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yummy!! :happy:
    Thanks for the ideas.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i JUST made this a few minutes ago. i sliced an apple and microwaved it for a minute and a half with a sprinkle of cinnamon and brown sugar. then i toasted about 1/4 c of oold-fashioned oats with cinnamon, nutmeg, and spray butter in a pan on the cook top. I topped the apple slices with the oats and a scoop of frozen cool whip free. its was just like apple crisp a la mode. mmmmmmm
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    keep
  • ej223
    ej223 Posts: 20
    Options
    bump
  • fluffyinny
    Options
    Thanks Bump
  • dodier01