Diet soda advice...

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
Any suitable alternatives to Cherry Coke Zero?

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Jenna-Marbles-Getting-Cats-Calling-It-Quits.gif
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    AWWYISS-11661.gif
  • Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Why substitute? It's zero calories and if you want a soda, just have one? I have limited myself from 5 or 6 Coke Zero's to just one a day, but that is not because of trying to lose weight. I want to not be so dependent on caffeine, I also limited myself to one coffee in the morning. =]
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

I HAVE CATS YOU TWATWAFFLE!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    It's ALL the debil. How do you live with yourself? Soda will be your downfall.
    tumblr_m0bx516KI21r05vxjo1_500_zpsdd469942.gif
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Any suitable alternatives to Cherry Coke Zero?

cherry-coke-o.gif
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options

tumblr_m3shenaqcQ1qa9g5x.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lytyr3nj6o1qkikgro1_250.gif
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Why substitute? It's zero calories and if you want a soda, just have one? I have limited myself from 5 or 6 Coke Zero's to just one a day, but that is not because of trying to lose weight. I want to not be so dependent on caffeine, I also limited myself to one coffee in the morning. =]

This!^

I drink 1 diet soda a day too (although it's not a caffeine thing for me) - I have cut back. I drink lots of water and unsweetened iced tea....diet soda is sweet tasting .....I don't want the habit of "sweet tasting" all the time. Plus the acid is not good for my teeth.
  • perfecttx
    Options
    I personally can't drink a lot of sodas due to the ingredients in them (allergies), but I like the carbonation. I found that adding in electrolytes, like Nuun, provides extra taste without calories or caffeine. Zip Fizz is another alternative without calories, but with caffeine. You can find them online or at running / sports stores. It's not quite the carbonation I want, but it does give it the added flavor I miss with just plain water, as well as the vitamins and minerals my body needs while working out.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Just another diet soda - Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry :).

Seriously, on days I'm running (most of them) and carbonation is going to give me cramps, I grab a G2. It does have calories, but if I'm Jonesing for sweetness at least I can keep it under a 70 cal splurge. Most of the time, for me anyway, it's water with lemon or the kalahari red teas are great, too!! (tsp of honey = 22 cals if you really need it, sugar = 16 cals).
  • BrendaRey74
    BrendaRey74 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do not know the science, I just know that when I drank diet sodas or drink mixes with artificial sweeteners, I could not stop eating! I never felt full until I felt sick. I did not lose any significant weight. Once I stop drink it, I mostly stay under my calories and I am loosing a good amount of weight.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

twatwaffle!!! omg too funny!!!!

Yea, as far as the soda thing.. just dont drink it...
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    3rgycc.jpg
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Unless you're allergic to one of the ingredients, there's no reason to stop drinking diet soda. It helps you stay hydrated - for what that's worth - as much as water does, and it has no calories so it can't directly contribute to any weight gain or slow weight loss.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    AWWYISS-11661.gif

*hyperventilating* THAT IS SO CUTE!! I :heart: owls. :love:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    tumblr_lytyr3nj6o1qkikgro1_250.gif
  • fat2fit72014
    Options
    What is it that makes you want it? Carbination? Flavor?

My suggestion would be to check out the Mio type water flavorings that are at the store. I have several. I love them. They helped me cut diet pepsi down a lot!