Somethings working.

Options
wimpywrx
wimpywrx Posts: 103 Member
For the past 2 years i have beed a type 2 diabetic with bloods always around the 12 mark even on the meds. In the past 5 day since joining MFP My bloods have been no higher than 8 and average around 5-6. If this is a sign that things are working for the good then i'm looking forward to my first weigh in on Tuesday.

Iain

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    For the past 2 years i have beed a type 2 diabetic with bloods always around the 12 mark even on the meds. In the past 5 day since joining MFP My bloods have been no higher than 8 and average around 5-6. If this is a sign that things are working for the good then i'm looking forward to my first weigh in on Tuesday.

Iain

Welcome! What a wonderful result to have. Losing weight is not all about the number on the scale, but the other results we get from eating healthier and cutting back on calories.

My boyfriend was diagnosed with Type II diabetes a few months back. His doctor told him he needed to lose some weight, and to also test his blood sugar three times a week at certain times. They also gave him some medication for diabetes.

Well, since making a lifestyle change by figuring out his calorie goal and logging every bit that goes into his mouth, and staying within his calorie goal, he has lost about 14 pounds. However, the most amazing thing is his blood sugar has been in the normal range since he started eating healthier and losing weight. Of course, he cut out sugary sodas, but he still has something sweet once in awhile.

The most amazing thing is that his doctor said he does not have to take the medication anymore because he is able to regulate his blood sugar through healthier food choices.
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options

Iain

That is awesome!
  • wimpywrx
    Options

Iain

Welcome! What a wonderful result to have. Losing weight is not all about the number on the scale, but the other results we get from eating healthier and cutting back on calories.

My boyfriend was diagnosed with Type II diabetes a few months back. His doctor told him he needed to lose some weight, and to also test his blood sugar three times a week at certain times. They also gave him some medication for diabetes.

Well, since making a lifestyle change by figuring out his calorie goal and logging every bit that goes into his mouth, and staying within his calorie goal, he has lost about 14 pounds. However, the most amazing thing is his blood sugar has been in the normal range since he started eating healthier and losing weight. Of course, he cut out sugary sodas, but he still has something sweet once in awhile.

The most amazing thing is that his doctor said he does not have to take the medication anymore because he is able to regulate his blood sugar through healthier food choices.

Thats fantastic. I would be over the moon if i was one day able to stop the meds, until then i will continue to enjoy the blood sugar numbers.

Iain.
  • wimpywrx
    Options
    Weighed in today as well and lost 4lb so on cloud 9.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! It's crazy how fast you can see changes!

I had insomnia for years and tried every sleeping pill out there but the only thing that cured it was fixing my diet/exercise habits with the help of MFP. I've slept like a giant baby for the past year and I feel like I am living a new life. MFP is a pretty amazing tool, yes? :)
  • wimpywrx
    Options
    MFP has become my new best friend. Also told a good friend of mine about it and he may well be on here by the end of the week.

Iain