3 weeks and nothings happening!

Options
So I've been doing MFP and trying to lose weight for 3 weeks now (not long I know). I see there are mostly Americans out there using the imperial measurement system, so I guess I'll try to convert my metric measurements and weight into lbs, inches, and feet :).

I'm 162 cm (5'4"), and I started at 70 kgs (154 lbs) and my ultimate goal is 58 kgs (127 lbs), as this is deemed to be my "ideal weight". I'm on a 1200 calorie a day diet, and seem to be completing it fine. I hardly go over, and if I do I either exercise to make up for it, or simply make up for a few calories over the next day. I have been walking/jogging at least 3 times a week (90 minutes each time, and over 9 km at a time).

The problem is, however, I cannot seem to lose any weight! After 3 weeks of eating 1200 calories a day as well as exercising I was expecting to lose around 1 kg (2 lbs) a week. but as I weighed myself this morning on the 22nd day, the scales showed 69.1 kg (152 lbs), which means that I've lost less than 1 kg (2 lbs) in 3 weeks!! That does not seem like a lot considering I think I'm doing everything right!

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? Any tips on how to get that weight loss happening? Would appreciate any tips to help me get on the right track to getting to my goal weight!

Thanks!

Replies

• RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    A loss of 2 pounds over three weeks is actually quite good, believe it or not.

You could recheck your portions and vary your exercise. Be patient with the process.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I always lose more weight when eating more RAW fruits and veggies. Do you take in a fair amount on a daily basis?

Apples, in particular seem to help me.

How about water. I would recommend more than 8 glasses, probably more like 12 a day. Water is necessary for all functions of the body & if you are exercising and sweating you may be in a slight state of dehydration.

Also, smaller, more frequent meals helps speed up the metabolism!

I hope this helps kdalberg!

-Chancy
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i agree with rae. what's the hurry? This is a lifetime commitment. as long as your losing your on the right track.
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss! Any loss of weight is better than a gain, that’s what I say. You need to take into account the fact that you are exercising, and quite possibly converting fat into muscle, which weighs more. Try taking measurements if you aren’t seeing any movement on the scale, and keep up the amazing work! You sound like you’re doing everything right!
  • 85specialk
    Options
    thanks all! I guess i'm just being a little impatient, i want it to happen quickly, but I know it takes time.
  • darcibean
    Options
    Make sure your sodium intake is below the daily recommended value, if you are over that will make you hold on to your weight as well. Also make sure you are eating at least half of your exercise calories as well..you don't want to be starving your body!
    I have been eating between 1200-1300 calories a day, staying below my sodium for the most part, and not exercising a whole lot, and I've lost 11lbs in 3.5 weeks.
    Good luck to you!!
  • 85specialk
    Options
    great work darcibean! I guess losing 11 lbs in a little over three weeks would be quote a big percentage of my original weight, so I guess I'm bound to lose less than that. To be honest I haven't been paying much attention to my sodium intake, but I will now to make sure its around the recommended daily value! Thanks!