has 5:2 IF ruined my metabolism?

Options
so in august/september i tried doing the 5:2 intermittent fasting - maintenance cals on weekdays, fasting on weekends
unfortunately, i gained a pound that hasn't came off. i only gained one extra pound.
i tried to lose that weight by netting my BMR, but instead of losing it, i manitained. i swear i gained weight every time o went over y BMR
is it possible that doing the 5:2 internittent fasting has ruined my metabolism?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    No.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting does nothing to your metabolism. but when you eat below your or near your bmr your pretty much damaging your metabolism!
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Highly unlikely. You probably overate on your non-fast days. If anything IF boosts your metabolism.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    IF has nothing to do with it, and we're only talking about a pound anyway. You've been maintaining since you started. I would venture to guess that on your "maintenance" days, you're eating more than your actual maintenance.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're 5ft 6 and you want to be 100lbs?
  • vsangelwings95
    vsangelwings95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i'm very small framed. to be honest i'd be happy too if i was back at my weight from a year ago - 115 lbs
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i'm very small framed.

This doesn't surprise me....