Lacking lately but picking up the pace!

Options
So Uni started which sapped all extra time. I stopped logging my calories because I simply was BORED of it and did not have the time to be sitting here and logging every little thing. Thankfully, my stomach had shrunk to the comfortable size of rougly 1500 calories so I wasn't able to binge, not that I wanted to. I did start eating a little more 'comfortable' food like chips and sweets etc but I was so stressed that the weight was just falling off regardless. Now that I'm into a routine and I'm organising myself, I'm getting back into structured exercise and (maybe) logging food again. Because of Uni, I usually walk roughly 30-60 minutes a day anyway, plus all the active stuff in lessons (I do Drama so some of my classes are active... though I wouldn't count them as strenous exercise) so I haven't been sitting in bed all day. I also tend to run up and down the stairs a good handful of times every day. And I still eat the occasional vegetable :P

So on Sunday (not today or tomorrow because I'm going to Blackpool the whole of tomorrow and today is my first day off in a LONG time) I will be started the 30 Day Shred for the third time. I've completed it twice already and both times gave me nice results (not dramatic in the weight loss but lovely firming/shaping of my body). Here's hoping that third time lucky gives me even more happy times. If anyone wants to join me, that's great!

By the way, my inspiration for this is headed by Brittany_Kayy who posted her progress pictures with a shift of 54lbs from her starting point. She's my height and she looks incredible. And she started at nearly the same point as me (only 5.2lbs lighter) so I know it's possible. My main goal is to get to 11stone (154lbs) by my birthday (19th June).

If anyone has a HTC (or other Android) phone, download Libra! It's a weight logging app which can show you when you're likely to meet your target, based on how much you're losing on average lately. As I put on 0.8lbs this week, it tells me on average lately I'm putting on 0.3lbs a week so it says my target date is 'unknown' but if I delete that and use only last week's log, which was a loss, it says I'll reach 154lbs by 26th June at a loss of 0.9lbs a week. It shows you a graph with a solid line connecting up your actual losses and a dotted line showing your goal line. I love the app, it really keeps me in perspective. You can obviously change your goal weight whenever you like in the settings and change the units of weight/height (it shows BMI, too). And, as with most good apps, you can add previous weights to actually have a useful graph.

So, yeah, I'm starting the shred again on Sunday! Go me!

Replies

• vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    For anyone who wants to know, these are my before and durings...
    The first two pictures were taken last July and I refused to weigh myself for about a year (that was obv. during that year because I have no idea how much I weighed).
    The slimmer picture was taken after I'd completed the 30 Day Shred the second time round so I was lovely and tight. I've probably lost most of my muscle now because it's been a month since but I'm still near enough that size. I wore that skirt the other day and it looked fine.

july2009.jpg

sept2010.jpg
  • raven5131
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred?
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You have made great progress. I admire your tenacity with the 30 Day Shred. I use it on occasion, but cannot imagine doing it everyday! I should give it a try to firm up the flab! Keep up your good work and stay focused!
  • suzie1983
    Options
    you look great!!!!