30 pounds in 2.5 years :-( i own a bakery!! ahhhhhh!!

Options
hi! i opened a bakery 2.5 years ago....and i have gone from 125 to 155 and NEED to get back on track! any other people out there who work in the food industry? any pointers? just starting tonight :-)

Replies

• CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't work in the food industry but I have majorly supported the fast food industry in our little town for YEARS! I used to work for McDonalds and I can attest to the employee meal syndrome! That said, you have already decided not to live on your wares so step one DONE! IF you are honest and dedicated, you CAN do this. First order of business FRIEND me! Support will be your best defense against temptation!

CW
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yes. My mom and I have a small bakery business. We only bake when we have an order and I gained probably 15 or extra pounds between that and buying lunch while at college.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Just don't eat it!

Or rather, do, but as part of a balanced diet. Take other food to work :)

I reintroduced bread to my diet and it didn't blow any progress apart but in the beginning I cut it out, mostly. It's a dense wee calorie bomb!
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think that once you begin to log your foods and see how many calories the little bites and tastes are, you will stop/lose. Just be consistent and accurate with your logging!
    Good luck!
  • parteramama
    Options
    I might has well have owned a bakery before I got scared enough about my weight to start taking control of what I put in my mouth! I used to bake every day "for my kids". I have lost 38 pounds since starting myfitnesspal, and I have a goal of 30 more lbs to lose.

I eat Paleo and have found I can bake some Paleo treats and still lose weight every week as long as I also exercise. My waist has gone from 42 to 34.5 and my hips from 52 to 40. I mention measurements because as I started lifting weights (I go to CrossFit) my metabolism increased due to gaining more muscle, and sometimes my measurements would decrease without the scale going down. Anyway, just want to share the secret of Paleo and Crossfit after struggling with weight my entire life... at 44 I am finally figuring it out!

Also, here is my most recent Paleo treat favorite: http://paleomg.com/pumpkin-pie-bars/

Warmly,
    Jennifer Gallardo
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago the one winner from The Biggest Loser owned a bakery. All those little bites add up. I'm Sure its hard. I agree, once you make sure you track it ALL, you'll realize how many extra's 'go in' and it will really help.
  • slimjelly
    slimjelly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged in since early March back then I was making progress with my weight loss goals, well since then I opened a cafe business with my partner, we bake fresh pies and savories, sweets, cabinet foods, run an all day breakfast menu and a lunch menu. That was 8 months ago and I've gained all the weight I had lost a total of 12 kilos. It was winter but mostly I just ate, tasted, nearly everything, ate the leftover pies as my main daily meal and picked on everything, if a biscuit broke I'd eat it. That last bit of cake I could no longer sell, I ate it, making anything with bacon I'd always cook off an extra rasher for myself. Now I feel foolish, none of my clothes fit and I am back to looking the largest. Sigh, so here I am again doing all I can to try and reign in my waistline, 8 months after my last login. I really understand how it is.try. Today ts the first day at I really stopped myself from tasting, picking and nibbling. All those little mouth fulls do add up.