Losing Weight Without Losing Breasts?

Options
I'm currently working on losing some unwanted pounds but am afraid of my breasts shrinking. During the summer I lost a lot of weight and went from a D-cup to a B-cup, (and since then I've gained weight and got my girls back!) and I'm afraid of the same thing happening again.

All the internet says to do is eat right and do a lot of chest exercises to keep them perky, but I can't find anything on how to keep them large. I know that you can't really choose where you lose and keep weight, but does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    hmmm...nope other then implants

Breast are made of fatty tissue...it happens.

Only suggestion is get fitted for a bra when you are done.

My sister did that and stayed the same cup size but went down in band size....
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Not possible.

Sorry.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    That's just how it goes. Genetically it's already decided, you just have to wait and see. Even if you keep the same cup size and lose some width, because cup sizes actually stack bigger in each increasing size, you've still lost some. So I've gone from a 42 D to a 38 D. The D cup I'm wearing now is smaller then the D cup in my old 42's. My girls have noticeably shrunk.

Bra's are weird.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Just stay fat.

Are boobs REALLY that important?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I like a flat stomach better. And I have killer lady pecs
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    You probably only think you went from a D cup to a B cup. Probably your band size changed, and you only changed cup sizes. You might not have been a D cup to begin with, you might have been an E or an F if you have a small rib cage measurement. I bet your bands aren't very snug around your rib cage, and you probably have it on the tightest hook, am I right?

You should be properly fitted for a bra, and yes, as you lose weight, you'll lose breast volume. But since you're losing volume everywhere else, proportionally your bustline out to remain about the same. It would be odd if you lost weight everywhere else, but your breasts remained exactly the same volume. They'd be huge compared to your smaller body.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    That's just how it goes. Genetically it's already decided, you just have to wait and see. Even if you keep the same cup size and lose some width, because cup sizes actually stack bigger in each increasing size, you've still lost some. So I've gone from a 42 D to a 38 D. The D cup I'm wearing now is smaller then the D cup in my old 42's. My girls have noticeably shrunk.

Bra's are weird.

I think a lot of people don't realize that cup size is actually the ratio to the band size, not one specific volume irrespective of band size.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Mine are fake and they're still shrinking anyway so good luck trying to keep real ones from not shrinking!!!!!!!(mine aren't actually shrinking much, but it does seem like the shape at the top may be changing)
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options

Bra's are weird.

I think a lot of people don't realize that cup size is actually the ratio to the band size, not one specific volume irrespective of band size.

Exactly. I went from a 38DD to a 32DD. Yes, my boobs are smaller, but the ratio is still the same.
  • username2271990
    Options
    I wish there was an answer, but there really isn't. A couple of years ago I went from 34DD to a 34C in 2 and a half months. I was 5'3'' at 140lbs and went down to 115lbs. The only way to have fat in your boobs is to gain the weight back. I did, but it was never as nice as it was before. You'll hear a lot of people mention plastic surgery, I guess it's up to you to decide if you want it or not.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Why is this so important? They are what they are. Guys like them in all shapes and sizes. Come on dudes, back me up here.
  • teganjessica
    teganjessica Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wish I could lose mine but no matter what I do to lose weight there it just doesnt happen ..............sigh
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I like to think of big boobs as being the One Good thing about being fat, the silver lining. I'll be happy to bid mine farewell if that means I can bend my body again.

(And yeah, for the small breasted there is an endless supply of pushup bras, get a bra that fits and enhances ;-) )
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You can have mine instead. I'd give anything to get rid of them.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I've definitely seen shrinkage in my boobs after my weight loss. I wasn't big chested to begin with, but I really can't complain. I'd rather have the flatter tummy, increased fitness and more toned body than the bigger boobs. I do plan on focusing on weight lifting after I hit my goal weight, though. Working on your chest can make your boobs perkier and appear bigger.

Personally, I think a B cup is quite sufficient, so I wouldn't worry too much.
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have opposite problem .I lost 20 Ib and they didnt change at all . with 5 2 height it will help to go from D to C or B . Maybe I am not doing enough exercise
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Why is this so important? They are what they are. Guys like them in all shapes and sizes. Come on dudes, back me up here.
    True story.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I lost 54 pounds and my poor B's are now lowly A's. Sorry, but in my humble opinion, It's a small price to pay.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Truth. I kinda prefer them to be a bit smaller.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's possible without implants, sorry.

I'm actually looking forward to losing my C-cups. :)