Seeing what I have left

Options
I love to add all my meals, snacks and planned exercise before breakfast in the morning so I can see what I have left to eat during the day. Sometimes I look at what's left and don't bother as I'm not hungry but it's there if I want it. Yeah you have to be organised when meal planning but having kids I ahve always planned the weekly meals before shopping. And of course if I decide not to do a certain exercise I have to delete a snack. I love it.

Replies

• kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    See I have a tough time with that. In theory I get the idea but do you ever stress when you plan a certain lunch and then the time comes and for any number of reasons it just isn't what you want and there are other valid healthy options or you have life happen and aren't home for lunch etc? While I know I almost always eat the exact same breakfast until I empty the cereal box or run out of bananas..I don't log until after I eat...that way if I decide on a bagel I don't stress that I am screwing up "already".

I really do think it is a great idea. I also think that getting your clothes laid out the night before for work etc is a great idea but every time I get in that habit I end up frustrated because I inevitably end up feeling like wearing something different but thinking it is a waste of time to repare a different outfit and thus spend a good part of the day with an imagined discomfort or displeasure at my looks...crazy huh?
  • sarahenagy
    sarahenagy Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! For me it's accountability. If I put all of my calories in first thing in the morning then I deviate from my planned (healthy) day I have to go back and put in the extra that I ate and figure out what I have to cut out in order to stay around my calorie goal.
  • sharonuk10
    Options
    I fill in my diary every morning too. It helps me if I am a bit more hungrier than usual I can decide if I have the calories for something or not. I do not fill in my exercise until I actually do it.. cause I just may not want to go for a walk or do anything at all. LOL
  • brooksie176
    brooksie176 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have been known to change things throughout the day. If I do it all first thing tho I can juggle things about throughout the day if things change. Guess there's a bit of messing about involved but it is working for me. Loving the clothes thing. I do that for a night out and then have to resort to plan B after looking in the mirror and realising I don't look quite how I thought I would in my mind ha ha