Bulletproof Executive

Options
My husband and I have been reading up and listening to Dave Asprey's pod casts about Bulletproof eating for a few weeks now.

Does anyone share the interest as we do in the Bulletproof executive lifestyle?

I'm not looking for closed-minded, condescending remarks and comments about this diet/lifestyle either as I have seen in previous posts about it.

Add me as a friend and we can join this journey together sharing types and tricks. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sass0720
    Options
    My husband and I are very interested in it and have followed it in the past. One trip to Mexico got me off track though, and I have been trying to get back into it now, but find that mid afternoon (3:00 ish) that I just want to stuff my face. I guess I need more discipline now.

How have you been doing with it?
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the states right now so sticking to a healthy diet when you don't know your food source is the most frustrating thing EVER. I have begun intermittent fasting though and I like it so far :)
  • okgal247
    okgal247 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Would you mind talking a little bit more about it? I've heard of intermittent dieting, but I do not have a lot of knowledge about it. :smile:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the states right now so sticking to a healthy diet when you don't know your food source is the most frustrating thing EVER.

Are there no healthy people where you are?

If there are, it can't be all *that* hard.
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the states right now so sticking to a healthy diet when you don't know your food source is the most frustrating thing EVER.

I'm deployed. When i say food source, I'm talking certified organic/grassfed/raw/high quality...etc.

Topic please.
  • Jodiebawden
    Jodiebawden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've been following Dave Asprey for a while now and I have intermittently followed the Bulletproof diet. I've actually started following it again today. I think there is something to it and I'm intrigued by MCT oil. Going to give it a sustained go and will report back.

Best regards,

Jodie
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I'm deployed. When i say food source, I'm talking certified organic/grassfed/raw/high quality...etc.

Topic please.

I suspect local grown native goat is about as ogranic as you can get.

Don't sweat it- do the best you can with what you have- unless you have ethical issues where the meat comes from - move on and eat the way you want to. Deal with the "knowing the food source" issue when you are state side and it's in your control.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Topic please.

How is organic food higher quality than non organic? How is a grassfed steak higher quality that a grain fed dry aged steak?
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Looking at his website before I comment since I have never heard of it. One of his points is eliminate sugar. So that would mean no fruit right? Fruit has sugar. Fruit is also considered healthy right? I have to admit, I am part of the group that doesn't believe in "diets" that restrict any food group.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Ok going down his bulletpoints the last one says you can eat f1-2 servings of fruit. But, the first one says eliminate sugar. i'm getting that BS feeling. This sounds more like paleo with a different name. I have no issue with paleo, but don't put another name on something and act like you have created something new.
  • seenatrun2013
    seenatrun2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been a drinking bullet proof coffee for a year now - and it has been quite a journey! when i follow the diet faithfully, the results are swift and amazing.
  • rcottonrph1
    Options
    You are wheat you eat. And you are what you eat eats. So yes, to me there is a big difference between an antbiotic-injected, grain fed cow and a cow that was grass fed (what cows are supposed to eat) and not treated with antibiotics.
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

How is organic food higher quality than non organic? How is a grassfed steak higher quality that a grain fed dry aged steak?[/quote]

Grass fed beef actually has different nutritional value than grain fed, particularly in the fat. For instance, the Omega 3 fatty acids are higher in grass than grain fed. What the animal eats determines what nutrition is in the meat to be passed to your own body.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    TBrownCVT wrote: »

How is organic food higher quality than non organic? How is a grassfed steak higher quality that a grain fed dry aged steak?

Grass fed beef actually has different nutritional value than grain fed, particularly in the fat. For instance, the Omega 3 fatty acids are higher in grass than grain fed. What the animal eats determines what nutrition is in the meat to be passed to your own body.

The nutritional difference between grass fed and feed-lot beef is trivial compared with the difference between either of them and genuinely wild game.

As with humans, the low-stress relatively sedentary life of pastured animals produces a noticeably lower quality product.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    TBrownCVT wrote: »

Huge difference between Omega 3's lol
    grass%2Bgrain.jpg
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service!
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options

Topic please.

Pasture raised meat has much more omega 3 fatty acids than grain fed. Also with pasture raised and organic the fatty cuts are safe to eat because there are less toxins which are stored in fatty tissue. With conventional meat, you want only lean cuts because the hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides reside in the fat.