Taking a big step for myself and asking for help!

Options
Hello, I joined quite some time ago however never did post anything. I just read. I am at a road block and am in a self destructive turmoil and am waving the white flag as I need to get out. I have been gaining weight for the past six months. I blamed a lot due to traveling with work and now that has slowed down but my weight gain has not. I did not know where to turn as most of my friends are fit and having their problems with I need to lose 5 lbs rather than myself which has closer to 100lbs to lose. I need support more than anything right now. I go to the gym about three times a week (slow start but better than nothing). I do Zumba on one of those days. I am also a mother of a 2 1/2 year old. I've been feeling really overwhelmed lately and don't know where to turn. Before I turn to food and just sit on the couch and feel sorry for myself, I've written this introduction and am asking for help! Big step for me!

Replies

• MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place!! Feel free to add me and also friend request my friends also :)
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    We are all here for the same reason...to get healthy. Feel free to add me. We can accomplish this together.:smile:
  • Almq76
    Options
    I have no time for the gym today however I am going home and this evening will make time to walk on treadmill! I'm feeling more motivated already!! Yay me.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I follow the 5:2 WOE but have friends following many different diet programs. Good luck on your journey. It is not impossible. There are many people here that have lost that kind of weight and more. You can do this. God bless.
  • mcissell15
    Options
    Hi! I'm new at this website. I've been using the food diary app but I haven't been doing so well so now I'm trying to socialize and find support/ give support. Please add me!
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    Losing a lot of weight can definitely be discouraging, just try not to let it get to you all at once. Try the little things first - going to the gym and working out are great first steps. What you need to do now (if you haven't already) is start logging what you eat. Keep a record of all your calories so you can see exactly what you're eating. Even if you don't like what your seeing, it's important to get it down so you can start seeing trends and managing your intake better.

Celebrate every small victory.

I'm on here and post to my friends a lot. Feel free to add me - and that goes to anyone trying to lose a lot of weight.
  • churrochi
    Options
    Hey! I think we're in similar positions. Ever since I graduated in August, I have been gaining weight due to a copula of reasons -- sedentary lifestyle, stress, etc. -- and I want to nip things in the bud before it's too late. I lost 55 pounds (220-165) in the past, so I know it's not impossible to achieve huge weight loss goals.

As of now, my goal weight loss is around 40-50 pounds (195-145/55). Let's cheer each other on. (:
    Send me a friend request if you'd like!
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi! Asking for support is a great first step to becoming healthy! You have already started down that road with any exercise you do and any good food you eat. You are also lucky because you have a little to keep up with and to want to be a healthy Mom for. I think you're doing great already! I can always use a good friend too if you want another one. I'd love to watch you accomplish your goal!
  • Starlet72
    Options
    Just staring myself. Feel free to add me! I need help as well! Difficult road. Tomorrow is a new day. I hope to do well.