Zumba &/OR Couch to 5K?

Options
So the zumba's free so I really shouldn't complain but ditzy zumba lady's scheduling mistake means I will have the chance to do free zumba on the very day I'm supposed to do my next couch to 5k "run"....can I do both? I really wanted to get back in coordinated grindey booty shaking form with the zumba so I wanted to attend all the classes I can that are offered for free weekly within walking distance. Anyone think it's okay to do both? Anyone think not? Anyone think I should wait a day? Anyone think I should separate them by several hours? Anyone think it's okay to do them back to back? Anyone think

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i think. and I think you know what your body can do however, why not switch your c25k to the other day?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i think. and I think you know what your body can do however, why not switch your c25k to the other day?

because I already skipped 2 days to do my last session. I feel i should only skip a day for this one. It's 3 times a week and so it's skip a day, skip a day, skip 2 days, right? IT seems like skip 2 days twice is asking for trouble. Not stamina. IDK? what do you think?
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Unless you specifically want to become a good runner (instead of using it as cardio to lose weight) I would say abandon the running for the Zumba, and do weight lifting. If you Zumba on the same day as you lift, do the Zumba at least 6 hours AFTER lifting.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    No reason you can't do both.

What, specifically, are you trying to accomplish?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Don't do both! You'll literally die if you do both.

This trainer guy said so on the internets and I trust him.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Unless you specifically want to become a good runner (instead of using it as cardio to lose weight) I would say abandon the running for the Zumba, and do weight lifting. If you Zumba on the same day as you lift, do the Zumba at least 6 hours AFTER lifting.
    ^ what the wha? I'm already having a time choosing why u throw a 3rd option. OMG it reminds me when I was a teenager and was all "Mom who should I go out with Jason or Troy?" ...and my mom was all, "Ya know, Joe's always been a nice boy!"
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    No reason you can't do both.

What, specifically, are you trying to accomplish?

I wanna be a good enough runner to do the K's. Like 5k, 2k, 10k, 1k, etc. Also I wanna shake my booty again soon. I should add that when I do the zumba I kinda half azz it. Like I don't care too much to jumpity jump in time with the songs but whenever a hip roll or grind or anything hump related or shakira ish comes up, I max out on those moves.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I did both, just not on the same day. Zumba was on Tuesdays so I ran Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    do em both. run for your cardio, zumba for fun. its like going out dancing on the same night you run, you do it right?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I did both, just not on the same day. Zumba was on Tuesdays so I ran Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.

That was kinda like my mom's answer for Troy, Jason, and Joe. No wonder I got problems.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I kinda think I should have titled this thread "Is it worth it? Lemme work it!" in retrospect.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought. Kind of combines running and dancing around. Just a thought, mind you.

prancercise.gif
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I think you should just do whatever you think your body can handle. Personally, if it were me I would just wait one extra day to do C25k because both on the same day would be too much. I finished week 4 of c25k today and have had to skip a couple extra days here and there because of work/school scheduling and I don't think it has made a difference.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    ^ what the wha? I'm already having a time choosing why u throw a 3rd option. OMG it reminds me when I was a teenager and was all "Mom who should I go out with Jason or Troy?" ...and my mom was all, "Ya know, Joe's always been a nice boy!"

At least she didn't say 'Do both'?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I think you should just do whatever you think your body can handle. Personally, if it were me I would just wait one extra day to do C25k because both on the same day would be too much. I finished week 4 of c25k today and have had to skip a couple extra days here and there because of work/school scheduling and I don't think it has made a difference.

I think that part answers my question. TOmorrow zumba. Next day, couch to 5k.
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options

because I already skipped 2 days to do my last session. I feel i should only skip a day for this one. It's 3 times a week and so it's skip a day, skip a day, skip 2 days, right? IT seems like skip 2 days twice is asking for trouble. Not stamina. IDK? what do you think?

Skipping an extra day shouldn't matter if it's to rearrange your schedule.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Skipping an extra day shouldn't matter if it's to rearrange your schedule.

now i'm confused again! it's not to rearagne my schedule. it's just to zumba. for free. close by. for free.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    free
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    I run in the morning and do Zumba @ night once a week works for me :smile:
  • cmdixonhirtle
    Options
    Zumba, definately Zumba. Love Zumba.:tongue: