Inner Thighs

2»

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    easy there tiger. you've been working out for a month and a half and you still have 40+ pounds to get to goal weight. let's just stay on course for a bit longer before we try to figure out how to change specific body parts

That is so completely and utterly rude, did it not occur to you that people may have been around for longer than you think? Not everyone has been overweight all of their lives.

He wasn't being rude. He was just telling the OP to slow down and to not have unrealistic expectations.

There's nothing unrealistic about asking how to firm up inner thighs...

Spot reduction doesn't work.
  • mamaj2ht
    mamaj2ht Posts: 17 Member
    LOL, you look great! I couldn't find the best way to describe mine but if I had yours I wouldn't have posted, I'd be happy! Way to work it!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,519 Member
    You know what's weird is that I read an earlier poster say that she didn't notice a change until she started running a lot.

I had been running a lot and didn't notice a difference until I started squats/using weights. So maybe the answer is to do something other than what you are doing; change up your routine.

I started with front squats with dumbbells, plie squats, leg press. That's helped. I've started using the adduction machine and super squat...I've also tripled the amount of weight I am doing on the leg press. My thighs are coming along...slowly.
  • mamaj2ht
    I appreciate everyone's encouragement, thank you very much for that. Just hearing that I need to keep doing what I'm doing, and lose the weight, helps too.
  • mamaj2ht
    You know what's weird is that I read an earlier poster say that she didn't notice a change until she started running a lot.

I had been running a lot and didn't notice a difference until I started squats/using weights. So maybe the answer is to do something other than what you are doing; change up your routine.

I started with front squats with dumbbells, plie squats, leg press. That's helped. I've started using the adduction machine and super squat...I've also tripled the amount of weight I am doing on the leg press. My thighs are coming along...slowly.

I've been considering a change lately. I'm actually starting 10 sessions with a PT soon and targeting thighs and stomach, so hoping to learn from that. I've only been running, not even 2 months, so maybe it will do it for me but it's still early. If not I'll at least have a combo of what you're doing and running. Something has to work right?!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    LOL, you look great! I couldn't find the best way to describe mine but if I had yours I wouldn't have posted, I'd be happy! Way to work it!

it has taken almost 2 years to get where I am now. This is the first front shot I have done, but I have lots of back and side shots.

this was Dec 2012-April 2013

8681873330_339aebbf74.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

not sure what months this is, but I'm pretty sure it was late winter/early spring of this year
    8681874680_3997f92053.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • mamaj2ht

it has taken almost 2 years to get where I am now. This is the first front shot I have done, but I have lots of back and side shots.

this was Dec 2012-April 2013

Great job! I see a huge difference between the back shot, bottom left, to today. Mine more closely resemble the old pic but I'm still in the beginning. Hoping to get to where you've come.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Mine are hard, and they touch :D I've been working on getting them hard, and the pain is definitely paying off.

Yes/No machine is great :) I do other isolation work on them, too (I can't do squats). Mine take extra work to get as firm as I like, but they get there. Just beat them up if that's what you are after, lol. Lift as heavy as you can for them, imho.
  • mamaj2ht
    Mine are hard, and they touch :D I've been working on getting them hard, and the pain is definitely paying off.

Yes/No machine is great :) I do other isolation work on them, too (I can't do squats). Mine take extra work to get as firm as I like, but they get there. Just beat them up if that's what you are after, lol. Lift as heavy as you can for them, imho.

Love this! What is this yes/no machine? My knees aren't good. I've been fighting bursitis, and also have tilted kneecaps that cause issues. What other work are you doing on them? I'd love to know.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    the bf helps me with my inner thigh troubles. :wink: :wink: :blushing: :blushing: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member

Love this! What is this yes/no machine? My knees aren't good. I've been fighting bursitis, and also have tilted kneecaps that cause issues. What other work are you doing on them? I'd love to know.

LOL, it's the adductor/abductor leg machine at the gym :D Open/close ;)

The others I do are this one with weight (8-12 reps):

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/exercises/z-exercises/hip-adduction
    The yes/no machine does the same thing.

Then the others are from ballet and are compound
    (I do them weighted instead of high reps):
    -- Floor barre Grande Battement (to the front, with leg turned out). Done slowly, not fast.
    -- Standing grande battements and Attitudes to the front

Developpes (again, to the front and turned out) also rock, but that adds in a ton of hip flexor involvement, so keep that in mind. Don't weight those at first at all. They are rough enough, lol.

Don't do the plies you might see on the standing leg for any of those if you have knee issues. I just pretty much stand on my standing leg and concentrate on the working leg. Don't drop your hips or anything, though. Stand with good form; you just don't need turnout on the standing leg if you don't want to. The turnout on the working leg is important to hit the inner thigh in this case.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    easy there tiger. you've been working out for a month and a half and you still have 40+ pounds to get to goal weight. let's just stay on course for a bit longer before we try to figure out how to change specific body parts

That is so completely and utterly rude, did it not occur to you that people may have been around for longer than you think? Not everyone has been overweight all of their lives.

Rude? Maybe, but whatever.

But I have no idea what you're specifically objecting to. Where did I make assumptions about how long she's been around or how long she's been overweight? Are we reading the same thread?
  • Bump