40 lbs lost...pix!

Options
Well, I hit the 40 lb loss by our Halloween party. My water weight is up a little for typical monthly reasons, but I have made it to half of my goal!

I'm 5'4 and started at 269, my highest ever. Now I'm at 229 with so many inches lost. I've been working with my trainer for years (she's pretty much the reason I never made it to 300), but between finally working hard and calculating my calories religiously, I've finally started making permanent lifestyle changes. I print out my food diary every week and we go over what I've done well and what I can work on. I've also started cardio up again (I was doing it in the spring and then got careless). With these 40 lbs down, I'm finally able to push myself on the treadmill. Today I jogged 2.08 miles for 35 minutes without stopping. I know I'm slow, but I'm consistent. I feel so good right now that I just want to high five the world.

I've taken a million pictures throughout this journey, but I'm just going to share some. I like doing compare/constrast shots.

I got married in April 2012, and I had puffed right up from stress and medication. There were way prettier shots, trust me. I was about 264 here.

7277357036_2bff1a9fd8_o.jpg

7277120464_7c0c2eb114_o.jpg

(Just so you can see how hot my dark green heels were.)
a360e912-9af1-467b-a4fa-cd64a7cf8f5f.jpg

I was in my friend's July wedding. And I know the gown was all Grecian goddess and whatnot, but this picture was my breaking point this year. (she didn't get her pictures back for a ridiculously long time) I didn't realize just how bad I'd gotten. High point was 269, hovered at 270 briefly.
8c85ec2b-3e21-425e-8f47-f5056ddd04db.jpg

Picture on the left is from November 2012 on my birthday. On the right is from this past July.
2013-07-02205018.jpg

Left, this past March. Right, this past August.
2013-08-31130323.jpg

Our anniversary this past April.
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/cabby84/MFP/2013-09-13080030.jpg[/img} Gross, I know, but I did a double take when I was walking out of the AC Moore bathroom this August. My clothes were hanging off me (and that's a different Ramones shirt).[/img]2013-08-25113606.jpg

Another example of hanging clothes.
971433_10201154107069031_1480290048_n.jpg

Left, August 2012. Right, this past September.
2013-09-25231023.jpg

Left, Halloween a few weeks ago (as Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones). Right, Harley Quinn from last year that my husband designed for me. I can't even.
2013-10-27012129.jpg

Before Rocky Horror a couple weeks ago.
2013-11-02203644.jpg

I feel so good, it's not even funny. I don't belt dresses, and I HAD to! I'm at a weird in-between size right now so things are either huge or just a little too tight. So I'll probably be wearing the same things over and over again for a couple months.

Thanks for reading...I just feel so happy and accomplished right now, and I'm only halfway there! And I know how much I enjoy seeing other people's pictures. It's very motivating for me!

Replies

• stephicozar
    stephicozar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Epic work, well done. You look great, so much healthier and sassier.

We could be twins LOL Weight twins :)
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to GO!!! You look awesome...belt and boots...skiny girl stuff!!!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your 40! Great work! Keep it up and your hard work will be rewarded!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and now we have really similar stats! Super inspirational! Congratulations! You've got this!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of the changes you've made! You are looking great and must feel so much better. Well done.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have lost about 29 and I do not see it, but you can totally see what you have lost big time! I think you lost over 40lbs! Awesome!!!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!!! WTG! Isn't it amazing how those small amounts of lost weight add up to a more beautiful you! WTG!
  • The_Fat_Friend
    The_Fat_Friend Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Love the pics! You should be so proud of what you have accomplished so far - Keep it up!!
  • srobertking
    srobertking Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Lannister80
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the encouragement and kind words!! I mean it when I say that reading these success stories boards have been so motivating. You guys are awesome.

And for the record, I officially started the change in diet/tracking/exercise on January 2, 2013. It's been a steady 10 months. I'd rather this STAY off then have the pounds fly off and then come right back on like they did when I was on Weight Watchers 4 years ago.
  • monicasiko
    monicasiko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    well done! You look great
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow, it looks like you've lost more than 40 pounds to me. Keep it up! And, I think your treadmill time is fine...it still takes me about 20 minutes to walk a mile (although, my mile has lots of inclines so that could be slowing me down a bit).

Also, I know what you mean about being between sizes. My size 24 jeans hang off me like crazy (I can almost pull them down without unzipping), but the 22's are still a bit tight around the lower abdomen (those darn lower abs!).
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You're doing so great, and look awesome! Also, I love love love LOVE the dark green shoes from your wedding, those are killer!!
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!!! AND KILLIN IT IN THAT HARLEY QUINN COSTUME!!!!

Cheers ^_^

Tof
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Great job!
  • floridared
    floridared Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!. Well done my MFP member. Well done. You are to be commended and to you I say CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY.
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Such a difference- you even seem more relaxed in later photos. I think you definitely deserve to throw out the old clothes and treat yourself to a shopping trip! x
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. BTW love the converse all-stars with your bridesmaid dress.
  • MadMadamMirm
    MadMadamMirm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    here's the world high fiving you back!! nice work and thank you for posting your inspiring journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!