Introducing Happybee

Options
Good Morning All!

I am new here, only on my 3rd day. I thought I had introduced myself already, but somehow I think I posted it to a thread already going so I thought I better come here and say hello.

I am on a mission to lose weight after being on a roller coaster. I would ideally like to lose 21.2 pounds, but would be content if I lost at least 18 pounds. At 4' 11 3/4", I have been struggling to get below 120 since the birth of my children 10 years ago. I feel as though I just look at food and it goes right to my hips.

Of course, I do have to admit exercising is not my most favorite thing to do. And I have a weakness for dark chocolate. I have been on many a diets and have lost 6-8 pounds and then it is like I just lose the motivation. I am hoping being on here, I can stay motivated and also can help others. When I started on Monday, July 21st, I weighed 136.2 pounds.

It will take a lot of prayers and trust in the Lord, but I am also hoping the inspiration of seeing how others do to keep me on the right path. Let me know if I can help any of you while also trying to help myself.

happybee

Replies

• happybee
    happybee Posts: 7
    Options
    Good Morning All!

I am new here, only on my 3rd day. I thought I had introduced myself already, but somehow I think I posted it to a thread already going so I thought I better come here and say hello.

I am on a mission to lose weight after being on a roller coaster. I would ideally like to lose 21.2 pounds, but would be content if I lost at least 18 pounds. At 4' 11 3/4", I have been struggling to get below 120 since the birth of my children 10 years ago. I feel as though I just look at food and it goes right to my hips.

Of course, I do have to admit exercising is not my most favorite thing to do. And I have a weakness for dark chocolate. I have been on many a diets and have lost 6-8 pounds and then it is like I just lose the motivation. I am hoping being on here, I can stay motivated and also can help others. When I started on Monday, July 21st, I weighed 136.2 pounds.

It will take a lot of prayers and trust in the Lord, but I am also hoping the inspiration of seeing how others do to keep me on the right path. Let me know if I can help any of you while also trying to help myself.

happybee
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    welcome happy! glad you could join us.

FYI, if dark chocolate is your vice, you could be much worse off. Dark chocolate has many good qualities to go along with the high sugar and saturated fat badness. :smile:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success :drinker:
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    Mmmmmmm....... dark chocolate! :heart:
  • happybee
    happybee Posts: 7
    Options
    That is awesome about being smoke free! That is an accomplishment on its own. I hope you are treating yourself to something with the money you have saved from all those cigarettes you have avoided.

Congrats on the 28lbs of weight loss as well!
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! I know how you feel about a 6-8 lb loss.. before MFP that's all I could ever really loose...before gaining it right back a month or so later! I have been doing myfitnesspal for a few months now and I hit my 20lb loss mark! You can do this.. even with the Dark chocolate addiction!:flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!

happybee

I had to laugh when you typed 4Feet 11"3/4. That is mom's exact height and she used to always make sure to add that 3/4 when people asked her how tall she was. lol
    Welcome! This is an awesome place and I wish you the best of luck!