Best cereals to buy?

Options
I'm assuming that Cinnamon Toast Crunch is probably not the best choice unfortunately, haha.

Anyone have any recommendations for a healthy, less sugar-filled cereal choice?

Replies

• jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    cascadian farms makes a cinnamon crunch cereal similar to cinnamon toast crunch that has less cals. I also like cinnamon life and the quaker cinnamon squares cereal. I wouldn't say any of them are "healthy" because it's hard for me to limit myself when it comes to cereal. I love sweets.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I only wish...I love Cinnamon Crunch cereal! Now, for the rare times I allow myself cereal I have Fibre 1 honey clusters.
  • skydivelife
    skydivelife Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Though many people can get in shape with cereal in the morning, most find they can do it faster with less of an insulin spike early. Might behoove you to switch to a higher protein/fat breakfast and save the carby stuff for later :)

Nate
    trainbetter.org
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Special K is pretty good, same with Sanitarium Weet-Bix.
  • Marivee
    Options
    I really like Kashi!:)
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    www.theyummylife.com/8_muesli_flavors
    Hi I think oatmeal is a great choice for cereal. The oatmeal that you cook on the stove not the packets. There are some wonderful make ahead recipes think nuts, fruit etc. I think this is an wonderful site with some really great recipes.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Do you have to have cereal?
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I love cereal! But it just doesn't keep me full in the mornings. So I started eating it at night for like a snack :)
    If I do eat cereal in the mornings, usually I'll eat some kashi original (13g of protein!), fiber one bran, or quaker cornbran crunch (so good!)
    & instead of milk I'll mix my cereal with Greek yogurt & protein powder.
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    All the cereal being mentioned is really expensive...healthy sure, but at what cost (no pun intended)? I eat the no sugar/honey version of Cheerios...100 cal a serving and packed with nutrients, I think it's the best choice. I got a super family size box at Walmart yesterday for 2.38 :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Though many people can get in shape with cereal in the morning, most find they can do it faster with less of an insulin spike early. Might behoove you to switch to a higher protein/fat breakfast and save the carby stuff for later :)

Nate
    trainbetter.org

Phew, good thing protein isn't insulinogenic at all, oh wait...

OP: Reeses Puffs
  • Garthamatic
    Garthamatic Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    In for Frosted Mini Wheats (for a high-calorie fix). Balanced and filling with good protein for a cereal.

For light days I go with Cheerios or Crispix.

Note: I eat cereal out of a vegetable bowl for dinner frequently... 4 cups is just right. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming that Cinnamon Toast Crunch is probably not the best choice unfortunately, haha.

Anyone have any recommendations for a healthy, less sugar-filled cereal choice?

Best cereals:

Cocoa Puffs
    PB Cap'n Crunch
    Mixture of Cocoa Puffs and PB Crunch

Cereal without sugar is like water without wet!
  • cantfail
    cantfail Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crisp with Berries - I put 1/2 c in a berry greek yogurt for breakfast. It's high in fiber and protein and around 300 cal.
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    barbara's peanut butter puffins
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I really like Kashi!:)

This!^ Several Kashi cereals have more protein & more fiber than other cereals........not all though. Read labels.

Kashi Heart to Heart Warm Cinnamon is like cinnamon cheerios....only more protein & fiber

Kashi Go Lean is great mixed with yogurt, berries & sliced almonds (triple threat......protein, fiber & fat)

Special K (Original) has good protein numbers ....I add a serving of fruit for fiber

Oatmeal made with milk and a sprinkle of walnuts.......(triple threat......protein, fiber & fat)
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning, I start off with a bowl of old fashioned oatmeal but a couple times a month I have a bowl of Wheat Chex (which are whole grain with a good amount of fiber and taste good to me) for a change of pace.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    lucky charms
    captain crunch
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Honeycombs.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I alternate between poached egg on homemade toast and this:

Nature's Path Organic - Heritage Flakes Ancient Grains - Kamut - Khorasan Wheat - Oats - Spelt - Barley - Millet & Quinoa
  • willemjmartins
    Options
    No cerial for me, until my weight goal is reached. No cereal in Paleo and while I am not a full Paleo believer, following it sure helps me shake off those pounds fast.