almost 55 finding it a long and slow battle

Options
Looking for some encouraging friends. I have some here who are brill but could do with some my age who are finding it hard too. I want to get down to 12 stone 1st then poss try 10.7. I am 5ft 7 and love to run (couldn't before joining here)
If your English even better. I live in Oxford. Active member most of the time too

Parkgirl aka Rowena :)

Replies

• Ian_Stuart
    Ian_Stuart Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My English is passable. Though I insist on referring to lifts as elevators and boots as trunks since I live on this side of the pond. I am willing to compromise on calling fries, chips. If these conditions are acceptable to you then feel free to add me!
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My English is passable. Though I insist on referring to lifts as elevators and boots as trunks since I live on this side of the pond. I am willing to compromise on calling fries, chips. If these conditions are acceptable to you then feel free to add me!

this is why i love your posts! haha and its chips all the way! not fries ;)

but anyway on the topic! i live in the UK too! not as posh as Oxford (Hull) but i used to live down south! feel free to add me! im not near 55 but im motivated! :)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent

And I know crisps, chips, boots & bonnets & stones
  • Thommothebear
    Thommothebear Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 57, and live in Folkestone. I've been on a low carb lifestyle for around 6 months now, feels like slow progress but I'm getting there, occasionally find it difficult, but am persevering anyway, just take each day as a new day and forget any past screwups, no point worrying about the past - look to the future.

I row and cycle, plus do weights, would love to run but have a worn out left knee hence the sitting down sports! Feel free to add me.
  • Ian_Stuart
    Ian_Stuart Posts: 252 Member
    Options

this is why i love your posts! haha and its chips all the way! not fries ;)

Before deciding whether or not to add me, you should be aware that I apparently come with online stalkers!

(Just kidding monisiaczeq! You're the best! :blushing: )