Calorie intake/ exercise...creating a deficit?

Options
So I first started out going to the gym and using the crossramp and elliptical machines and would burn 1000 calories 4-5 days a week while eating 1500 calories daily. I had a bmr of 1647. That worked for about 2 weeks but then i stopped losing weight. For 2 weeks after not seeing any more weight loss i questioned a deficit because I was not only no longer losing weight but i was super hungry the next day. So i did some research and found that yes i had a deficit so i changed my calorie intake as well as calorie burn. Now i'm eating 1200 calories daily while burning 750-800 calories using only the crossramp machine and occasionally doing 3 sets of 25 on 25-30lb of weights 4-5 days a week. On the days when i burn those calories at the gym I eat back 300 of them after i get back from the gym to decrease the deficit. I have been doing this for the past 2 weeks now and cannot seem to lose anymore weight. Now I know that I haven't been logging my food on here but i keep a hand written journal of everything I eat throughout the day. To mark the calories i look at the nutrition labels on my food and ingredients, for fruits and veggies as well as other foods that don't have labels i simply look it up on here. Am I still creating a deficit? Is there something i should change in my calorie intake/calories burned? I would really appreciate the feedback.

Replies

• Thommothebear
    Thommothebear Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you are not eating enough, your net calorie deficit should not be more than around 500cals. If you reduce your calorie intake to much your metabolism slows right down and if you do this for too long you may create permanent metabolic damage. A common guideline is that you must never eat less than 1200 net calories, although for some people this will still no be enough.
  • gina_nz_
    gina_nz_ Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you are not eating enough, your net calorie deficit should not be more than around 500cals. If you reduce your calorie intake to much your metabolism slows right down and if you do this for too long you may create permanent metabolic damage. A common guideline is that you must never eat less than 1200 net calories, although for some people this will still no be enough.

this and weigh your food for two weeks and then see how it goes
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Do you take measurements as well? Very important, don't use the scale as your only reference point
  • cmsmj1
    cmsmj1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Also to add that the gym machines are very optimistic on the calorie burn so I would be wary about the figures it is telling you.

I would guess that you are not in as much of a deficit as you think
  • my140Goal
    my140Goal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I didn't understand the whole net calories idea but I figured it out. It's been a week since changing my diet and exercise to fit with a 1200 net calories and I've lost 3lb. Thanks again.