Cant get enough protein some days

Options
13»

Replies

• Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    If I can get in 250g a day, trust me you can get in 160.

Tuna, Ground Beef, Turkey, Chicken, Eggs, Tilapia, cottage cheese, milk, all natty PB dont forget to count protein from non animal products as well like breads, rice and such
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    :D thanks for your reply but i prefer not to use whey powder and stuff i find them a bit unhealthy
    but as a last resort i might think of buying some of it so i can get enough protein every day

it's dehydrated milk.

what's the beef?
  • anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well a friend of mine used supplements and stuff and he ended up fat.. he was also bulking !

Not all protein powders are created equal. Have a read of the labels, if it is just the protein you are after go for one with the lowest possible carbs and highest protein. The one I'm using at the moment is USN Pure protein GF-1 which is 40g protein with 2.2g carbohydrate per serving.

There are a lot of different powders on the market, so it's possible to find the one with the macros to suit your needs.
  • ericwolf713
    Options
    160g should be pretty easy. My "go-to" is a froyo when I'm in a jam. Greek yogurt, 2 scoops of protein powder, and come non-fat milk to hit your desired consistency. Mix together and enjoy. you can also add some bananas or granola.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I can understand if the OP and others are finding meat expensive . I am on a limited budget, but I find making dishes with both meats and lentils and beans etc , adds a lot of protein . The beans and such by themselves not so much. So I suggest on top of everyone else's suggestions , fill up a pot of meat an veggies and enjoy :)
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Most days I'm way under my protein, which I know I shouldn't be doing, but if I functionally eat one meal a day, that's a lot to pack in.

When I get the chance, I fill it out with Greek yogurt, nuts, peanut butter, and protein bars. I look for the bars with more protein than sugar. I used to have a powder, but I ran out and I'm not quite ready to spend the money for more. Lean meat is grand and beautiful, but when you have one 15-minute lunch break for the day, it's hard to get in anything that takes time to eat.
  • linorang1
    Options
    “Anorexia is not an illness of the body; it is an illness of the mind.”
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    okay maybe you just need to give yourself some time. I am assuming you hit something around 100g/day at least.

When I started I found it SO difficult to even reach half of my protein intake. But after a few weeks of learning all protein-rich meals and finding alternatives to low-protein and high-carb breakfasts or snacks, I actually get along very well. My target is much lower than yours obviously but I assume that you have higher kcal/day anyway. Good luck!
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    There are also other items you can add to your diet that have protein can up your intake, such as bean or Quinoa. Try having high protein side dishes as well, instead of the standard carb.
  • DaddyDave101
    DaddyDave101 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    As already mentioned I would definitely get some Whey protein on the go... Always pushes me over...

Tuna is a really good source of Protein too.