Looking for some crockpot recipes :)

Does anyone have some good weight loss crockpot recipes? I have been cooking on Sundays for the week and it has been great for planning ahead. I can share my Crockpot Heaven Burger Casserole and Turkey Chili one if you want. xo

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Does anyone have some good weight loss crockpot recipes? I have been cooking on Sundays for the week and it has been great for planning ahead. I can share my Crockpot Heaven Burger Casserole and Turkey Chili one if you want. xo

I love both my crock pot and my Dutch over. I also cook bigger meals on Sunday or Monday to eat throughout the week.

I cook roast in my crock pot or Dutch over, and then throw some carrot in to cook along with it. I might even wrap a few yams in foil and stick them right on top of the roast. It takes a few hours for it all to cook in the Dutch oven, and of course longer to cook in the crock pot.

Throw a whole chicken in, maybe some yukon golden potatoes, and some steam some spinach in another pot on the stove or in the steamer.

You can get recipes for soups, since it's winter.

There's so much you can do!
  • julieannezen
    julieannezen Posts: 51 Member
    Great tips, thank you so much!!!!!!!
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    There are a few threads on slow cooking in one of the other sections. Since I've started here about two weeks ago, I've been using my slow cooker nonstop. Even basic stuff like some chicken thighs, pace picante sauce, and some chopped green pepper - for the last half hour shred the chicken, get some rice cooking, and serve it over the rice. I also learned that you can make a meatloaf with lean meats in a slow cooker also, who knew?
  • Nsimpter
    Nsimpter Posts: 3 Member
    We throw frozen chicken breast in the crockpot and cover with salsa. You can also add blackbeans. I serve it over brown rice!

Another one is frozen chicken breast, a can of chunk pineapple and the Lawrys Hawaiian marinade. Also served over brown rice!