if you could do something over in life what would it be?

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I would have finished college.

You still can.

I would have been a little more selective about who I spent my time with.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'd have finished college in my younger years so I wouldn't have have had to be dealing with college nonsense now.

See, I'm happy I waited. Because I'm pretty sure my head wasn't in the right place at 18, 19, 20... or 25. LOL!

I had a 2.8 GPA in high school. Now I have a 3.9. A decade or so makes a big difference!
  • SPPutnam
    SPPutnam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I never would have stopped running.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Not bother dieting and just focus on strength training. I'm eating as much as I was two years ago, the only difference is that I've experienced "hangry". Ok, I have learnt some things about dieting/weight loss/exercise so it's not all wasted.
  • BlackandWhitePhotoOp
    Options
    I would have joined the Peace Corp after Highschool.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Never ... ever should've gotten married... to that girl.

It became obvious to me that we both thought we could change the other person or that they would become who we wanted them to be. How unbelievably stupid was that?

Easily the biggest decision of your life. Make the right choice or don't do it at all.
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    I would have looked for another job earlier, rather than go through it for five years.
    I'd also should have moved around a bit more rather than live in a dead end town (what was going through my mind?) before i bought my house.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Never should have married the man that I did.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have a strict belief that every step I took along the way got me to the moment in which I live right now. While I have known my husband since I was 12, if I had done anything different along the way would I still have married him? If not I wouldn't have my son, or would the timing of my pregnancy have been the same? Even down to my dogs, if things had been different would have ended up with them?

I'm certain life would have brought me similar versions of what I have, but I love the people in my life. I had other ideas of how my career would have gone, and I wish that I was more successful at the things that I know I didn't put 100% into, but I wouldn't want my life to look any other way.
  • TheSaoirseTree
    TheSaoirseTree Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would go back and spend more time with my mom, while I still had the chance.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I would go back and spend more time with my mom, while I still had the chance.

This ♥
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I woulda joined the basketball team in high school and started my fitness journey then. All the gainz i've missed on at that time... :(
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Never gone out with me son's father...but I love my son and I wouldn't have had him if I didn't go out with my ex, so it's a catch 22
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I would have said "no" instead of "yes" when my do it yourselfer husband suggested remodeling instead of moving!
  • Dubby83
    Options
    Said goodbye to my mom when I still could.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    I should have never done that Playgirl spread as Mike Honcho over the summer
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I am the person I am today because of all the *kitten* I have been through and I am pretty awesome.
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I would have gotten out of a bad relationship sooner. I put too much of my own life on hold, waiting for him.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I would have started Michael Floyd on Sunday instead of keeping him on the bench. :grumble:

No playoffs for me :sad:

:laugh:

I'm not sure what I would change. I like where I am today, even though it has been (and still is) a stressful path.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I usually get all philosophical and nutty over Qs like this, thinking "well then maybe I wouldn't have become the person I am, met the love of my life, blah blah blah"

But I'm not gonna do that.

Instead, I'll say that after college when I lost weight I would have kept that up. I wouldn't have married my first husband, instead recognizing that he was just a good friend and we didn't have the right kind of chemistry and romantic love for each other. I would have either gone straight to graduate school and become a professor or gone back to college for a totally different degree right then, as my liberal arts degree has not proven to be all that useful.

Also, I would have purchased a new car (low end, inexpensive) much sooner than I did. For years I struggled with high bills on car repairs to keep up beaters, when buying a brand new Kia hatchback was actually much cheaper and has been a surprisingly good purchase for me.