Is too much sugar bad if its from fruit or coconut water?

Options
100% coconut water has a lot of sugar, but if I eat fiber with it or blend it in a smoothie with vegetables, is it bad that my daily sugar amount is too high?

Replies

• pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    IMO it's fine.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    100% coconut water has a lot of sugar, but if I eat fiber with it or blend it in a smoothie with vegetables, is it bad that my daily sugar amount is too high?
    Unless you have a specific dietary issue with sugar, like diabetes or hypoglycemia, sugar is just a carb. Carbs (in that circumstance) aren't "bad" for you unless you're eating them in quantities that put you over your caloric goals.
  • pinheadplanet
    pinheadplanet Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem JZ, just started tracking my diet and noticing my sugars are way over my goal. I had started to eat fruit in the morning and drinking more fruit juice thinking that that was 'the healthy way' but it seems to be the fruit that's doing it, so now i'm gonna cut down on the fruit and go back to cereal with milk.

If I've still got a sugar deficit at the end of the day then it's chocolate all the way! :)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I changed my macros to stuff i want to track, I have fiber, iron, protein, carbs and fat. MFP's sugar setting just annoyed me and didnt' really accomplish anything. The carb setting, I lowered to a 30% setting and that does the trick and it's a lot more forgiving of natural sugar.