Just bought a Nutri Bullet

Options
Hey everyone,

Just bought it and made my first green smoothie this morning. So far so good. Anyone out there use it with success? How many do you drink a day?

It's trial and error for me. I do need to lose weight, but I don't want to drink my way to weight loss. I just want to replace one meal a day and try to eat better the other meals with more exercise. Right now I eat a ton of processed, fast food so any way I can get my veggies and fruits is a win for me.

Thanx

Replies

• simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    JJ Virgin says the one habit thin people usually have is that they start the day off with a smoothie..
    I either have one in the morning but if I do not have time I have one before my evening workout.
    I throw in as many vegetables as I can as I hate vegetables.
  • JenLikes2Rock
    Options
    I have one but am looking to trade up to something better. I got mine in April - and every morning I'm shocked when it actually makes the smoothie without dying. It's days are numbered! :sad:
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I have had one for a little over a month and like it a lot. I use it to mostly get my vitamins and minerals... also makes for a kick @$$ fruit smoothie that craves my sweet tooth. I also use the milling blade to grind my oats for my post workout shake. You can throw anything and everything into that thing. What I have found was that the drinks are better tasting when you buy organic produce. When I used non-organic items the drinks tasted different... possibly the pesticides they use make the difference in taste... but who knows... All I know is that I prefer to use the organic stuff over the non-organic stuff in this device.
  • Thesethings
    Thesethings Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    JJ Virgin says the one habit thin people usually have is that they start the day off with a smoothie..
    I either have one in the morning but if I do not have time I have one before my evening workout.
    I throw in as many vegetables as I can as I hate vegetables.

thanx-- It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did use more veggies. About 80/20 to fruit. I did notice (TMI alert) I am peeing a whole lot this morning. Is that normal after only one smoothie?
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I do not own a nutri bullet but have been doing the smoothies/protein shakes for about two years. I tend to start my day off with one. As I lose more and increase my strength exercising at gym I will need to incorporate two a day just to get enough protein in my diet. There are numerous recipes to make a variety of shakes. While I love my popeye shake, I must say, Big Train, Mocha Fit Frappe is my morning poison. Yummy!