It just fascinates me...

Options
I have never really put into thought until on here how big a difference height makes when it comes to clothing size and weight. I was talking to one woman who is shorter then me (as is much of the population) and we wore the same size but I weighed quite a few pounds more then her. At 5'11 or 6' I wear a 14/16 and a L or XL at 230 lbs. I can't remember her number but I do remember thinking holy crap height makes a huge difference. I also had a woman at the mall question why I was in the plus size, she didn't believe that I was a 16/18 at the time several months ago.

Has anyone else have the experiences where you are like wow height makes a difference.

Replies

• CNG223
    CNG223 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 158, I wear 13/14 jeans and L or XL tops. If I could be 6 inches taller, I'd be in single digit jeans!
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yup!
    My MIL is 5'10, 275 and wears a size 20
    I'm 20lbs heavier, 5'7.5 and the same size

It's weird
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    it's not just height.

I am 5 ft 7 and weigh 165 and wear a size 8...

My friend who is 5 ft 2 is 125 and wears a size 6

40lbs is not just height it is the fact I have more muscle mass then she does therefore more compact. ( I take up less space at the same weight then she would) I know this as my measurments are the same as hers

PS I just got a pair of pants from here that she just shrunk out of (they still fit her but bag and we told her to stop wearing them)
  • rebeccaaa_elizabeth
    Options
    I've definitely thought about this before too! It's insane how differently people carry their weight in general - height making a difference, too. I'm 5'5" 249lbs currently and a 18/20 pants.
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    Options
    yes, I'm 5'7" and when I weighed my heaviest at 232 lbs, people couldn't believe how much I weighed. I have a large frame so I carry extra weight evenly. Even when I had lost down to 183 lbs, and was in a size 12, people swore I weighed around 135 or 140. I'm back up to a 14-16 with 20 extra pounds added.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    it's not just height.

I am 5 ft 7 and weigh 165 and wear a size 8...

My friend who is 5 ft 2 is 125 and wears a size 6

40lbs is not just height it is the fact I have more muscle mass then she does therefore more compact. ( I take up less space at the same weight then she would) I know this as my measurments are the same as hers

PS I just got a pair of pants from here that she just shrunk out of (they still fit her but bag and we told her to stop wearing them)

And I'm 5'7" 153 lbs and wear size 6 or 8.