Starting over

Options
I had lost about 10 lbs. last winter/spring and only had about 10 more lbs. to loose to reach my goal, but then just totally lost track of my eating plan and here I am back to where I started (plus 5 lbs.). I really need to loose 25 lbs. and will take it one day at a a time in hopes that I can just learn to curb my appetite and make better choices 90% of the time. I do exercise and really love running, but will try to incorporate more strength training too.

I usually do really well with low carb diets, but feel like once I start eating pasta or bread again, I gain it right back. I'm hoping by logging my calories and trying to get an additional 300 calories a day from exercise, I won't feel like I'm starving and will start to see a pound to two pound weight loss a week.

Wish me luck!!

Replies

• cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Good attitude taking it a day at a time. It's so hard to remember tod o that sometimes. I used to be so cardio heavy and have started implementing strength training a little more frequently and love the differences.

I'd be careful of low carb diets. Just eat a balanced diet and track it. You will be surprised to find you legitimately can eat everything in moderation.

Stick with it :)
  • TiredMom12
    TiredMom12 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks. My down fall are carbs! Love my bagels, pretzels and pizza (and wine). Going to limit it to one a week and try the bagel thins. I know what i have to do, just completely lost focus. Have an extremely busy lifestyle 3 kids (8, 4 and 2), working part-time in the city which means 11 hour days out of the house for me and the 2 little ones, plus family commitments, etc. Just need to rework things like I did last spring when I was really focused on getting my exercise in no matter what and planning my meals. I'm 43 and boy does the weight take a while to come off, but goes on fast!!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Good for you for coming back! Sometimes that's the hardest part.

If you love carbs (and by carbs you seem to mean breads and pastas), why try to follow a low carb diet? Uniess you have a medical reason to, there is no specific reason to limit any type of food. It certainly won't affect your weight loss, unless you're a binger and avoiding breads is the only way to control yourself. In that case, ignore my advice.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options

If you love carbs (and by carbs you seem to mean breads and pastas), why try to follow a low carb diet? Uniess you have a medical reason to, there is no specific reason to limit any type of food. It certainly won't affect your weight loss, unless you're a binger and avoiding breads is the only way to control yourself. In that case, ignore my advice.

This! You can eat whatever you want as long as you are in calorie deficit... I have had pumpkin pie, ice cream and whatever else I want....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this!