Green Tea - no soy

Options
I am thinking about starting to drink green tea. However as I'm looking at the ingredient lists on amazon for several different varieities, I've noticed they contain soy lecithin. I'm trying to avoid soy consumption when possible ... so was wondering if anyone knows of a green tea product that does NOT contain soy?

Thanks!

Replies

• kayglaze
    kayglaze Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really like Twinnings and Tazo (Tazo china green tea tips are awesome! You have to get them at starbucks though. Not sure where else you can find them)
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Buy whole leaf and a strainer? It tastes way better anyways.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the green teabags I use dont have any soy! Is it pre-made drinks you're looking at?
  • laneer75
    laneer75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the green teabags I use dont have any soy! Is it pre-made drinks you're looking at?

No, I was looking at tea bags.
  • laneer75
    Options
    Buy whole leaf and a strainer? It tastes way better anyways.

I'll have to look into that.

re: Starbucks --- the closet one to me is 40 miles away inside a Safeway. :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Can you give a link to the ones you're looking at? I can't see soy as an ingredient on any packets.
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking Lipton Green tea with Mandarin Orange right now. No soy on the ingredients list.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Great Value (the Walmart store brand) Decaffeinated Green Tea
    Ingredients: Decaffeinated Green Tea.

I have the box sitting in front of me.
  • laneer75
    Options
    Can you give a link to the ones you're looking at? I can't see soy as an ingredient on any packets.

I can't find them now (of course!) One of them was Bigelow (I think) but when I relooked it up, I couldn't find the same one.

Thank you everyone for your ideas! I'll be going into Walmart probably on Friday, so will take a look at the Great Value one.
  • rondajackson14
    rondajackson14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found tazo green tea at our grocery store, winco