Off topic - Clothes for wedding question

Options
I'm going to a smart wedding as an evening guest tomorrow night. Is it ok to wear all black to a wedding evening party? I have 2 options: A black top and trousers which make me look skinny :bigsmile: or a burgundy skirt/cream top combo which also look nice, just not as thin as the black . What do you think?

Replies

• CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It is in my world, I do it all the time.
    It's fairly common to see a lot of people in my area wear black to a wedding.
    Though, I'm sure there will be just as many people who respond to this that say it's a no-no.
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    I think it's perfectly fine to wear all black to a wedding, particularly an evening wedding, as long as you dress it up with some jewelry or something.
  • crissi66
    Options
    Black is fine for a evening wedding. Wear whatever your going to feel most comfortable in.
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    WHY NOT! Look at how many people wear a Little Black Dress. What I loved to do is wear my LBD and then pop it with a color of choice. I might wear red pumps and then a red purse and earrings. You get the pick. Have fun with it but ultimately wear what you feel the best in cause that is going to reflect the most! ENJOY!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I dont like full blacks at wedding, but thats just me. I think blacks are for funerals.........But do what you are comfortable with.

Have fun
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I think wearing black is very classy, especially if you had pearls or other bling to it for such a festive occasion! Dress it up!!!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! I'm off to my jewel box to see what bling I can wear with it:drinker: