Treadmill

Options
Curious why I can't find Treadmill in the exercise database. The calorie counter on mine needs batteries, so I can't add it. Anyone have any suggestions? I now I'm burning a bunch because I'm pouring sweat by the time I'm through.

Replies

• jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Are you walking or running?
  • saj9291113
    Options
    You can use walk or run. There are multiple choices of speeds, just not incline levels.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    There is no exercise called Treadmilling as it is not an exercise. search for either running, walking or jogging (depending on what you do on the treadmill)
  • rjgazray
    rjgazray Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I usually enter my treadmill time as "running" and then you can choose how fast you're going. (12 minute mile, 10 minute mile, etc.)
  • susanbassler
    Options
    I just add however long I walked or jogged for however long at the mph...usually comparable to what the treadmill's counter says!
  • hillevans
    Options
    I would record it as running or jogging, and the pace or how long it would take to finish 1 mile. Thats what I use for Running utside or the treadmill. Hope this helps.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    it not a machine you log, but the activity. the average person burns 100 calories per mile, but that varies with weight and age. if your are walking, look up walking, if you are runing look up running.
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This is hard to estimate since there are three variables to consider, such as, body weight, age and level of intensity. I would do interval training, like do push-ups, jump rope for 45 seconds, do bodyweight squats, jump rope 45 seconds and repeat for about 30 minutes. You will burn a lot more calories than running on a treadmill. Mix up the resistence with the cardio since adding muscle you will burn more calories and not workout as long.
  • EternalMysteria
    Options
    The thing is, when I walk I'm not pouring sweat like I do with the Treadmill. I just won't document it I guess. I know it's not correct.
  • saj9291113
    Options
    You don't have to sweat to be burning calories. Here's a link that is a "general" calculator that you could use. Of course everyone is different even at the same weight/height so I would use it with discreation.

http://www.internetfitness.com/calculators/calburncalc.htm