Drop Two Sizes by Rachel Cosgrove

Options
Has anyone ready this? I'm just looking for some insight on what it's like, and what the workouts look like.

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I give her another six months before she starts selling supplements.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Love Rachel Cosgrove. She's the person that came up with the Spartacus workout from Men's Fitness that I like to do. Runs a fitness studio north of me. She's also the wife of the guy that wrote New Rules of Lifting. Don't know anything the book tho.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing New Rules of Lifting for Women and wanted to see if it was worth it to incorporate more of her fat burning workouts into my lifting schedule. So far I love NROL4W, so I don't want to stop doing it, but I would like to get rid of this fat a bit more quickly. Maybe I'll just get it and see.
  • dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i'm about to give it a go ... i love NRL4W and strength gained but going to take a break and do 12weeks of this for some real fat burning.
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just ordered this. I'm currently doing New Rules but fancy another option if I continue to get minimal results from the former.
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bump. Anyone tried this so far? Results?
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of both Allwyn and Rachel Cosgrove. I've read NROWL4W and just bought this book today.
    Will read it tomorrow and let you know what I think :)
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Read Drop Two Sizes today. Loved it. Recommend it.

The book has a plan for every day of the 12 weeks, with menu plan, exercise, focus activity for the day. Also available on DVD, which would be handy for the exercise component if you aren't sure what to do. Fabulous recipes in the book, testimonials, before and after photos, really good read.

The WORKOUT CALENDAR is split into 3 phases: Weeks 1-4, 5-8, 9-12

Summary as follows:

Commit to 4 planned workouts per week. (Probably nothing that we haven't seen before, but organised in a different way. Very good, I'd certainly be willing to give it a go).
    New RAMP workout (warm-up) prepares your entire body via different planes of motion
    RAMP workout also to be done on rest days.
    Workouts are based on the 7 basic movements: Squat, Bend, Push, Pull, Core Stability, Lunge, Single Leg Stance
    Plus HIIT
    Have at least one rest day per week
  • ebonyb202
    ebonyb202 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Any updates on this? Just got my DVDs, did strength 1 phase 1 today and it was great! I can't do a plank yet but still a good workout. I'm gonna loosely start following the diet tomorrow. It would be nice to have a support group! Anyone?
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    I started it, but then joined a 12 week challenge, so doing the challenge workout.

Might go back to the workouts after my challenge finishes, it seems like a good programme.

Enjoy!
  • Lavidarachel
    Lavidarachel Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started it 3 days ago, am really enjoying the meal plans (and we are preparing for fertility treatment, and the plans fit really well with the recommended nutrition!).

A support group would be a great idea!

Rachel x
  • changergirl
    Options
    I am going to officially start next week. I did a trial run this week, doing each workout once, to see if I could do it at home with limited equipment and it seems fine with a couple modifications. It would be great to talk to others doing it as well.
  • Lavidarachel
    Lavidarachel Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Should I have a look at setting a group up? I don;t mind having or go or if someone else would rather, I dont mind that either :-)

I am on day 10, and still loving it.xxx
  • changergirl
    Options
    Just noticed this. It'd be awesome to have a group set up for this. I'm going away for a week next week and i'm going to restart the whole program when I get back so that'll take me right till Xmas.
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Just purchased the dvd's. Hope it's worth it. I think what drew me to her is because her method is similar to the NROL's method. Love the book.
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Any updates on this? Just got my DVDs, did strength 1 phase 1 today and it was great! I can't do a plank yet but still a good workout. I'm gonna loosely start following the diet tomorrow. It would be nice to have a support group! Anyone?
    So how are you liking the DVD's so far? How long are they?
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    If you guys set up a group, I'm in! Started this week also. Finished NROL4W a few months ago and wanted something with a little more fat-burning and I really need the meal plan so this looks like the next best thing.

There is a fairly active facebook group with some good info as well.
  • TiffanyWasmer
    TiffanyWasmer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I just read the book too and am getting started next week!!! Please let me know if you guys start a group...I can't find one anywhere :(
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Any updates on this w/ anyone? did you guys start a group on here?? I'm looking into this and was wondering what you all thought... thanks so much!!