Losing weight and body fat question

Options
Hello everyone,

I would love your thoughts on a challenge i am having. I have been working out on and off over the year or so. I started by doing the 30 Day Shred and lost weight and inches. I unfortunately took a bit of time off after it and gained most of it back. I decided to hire a personal trainer so that i would have someone to be accountable to for awhile and get me back into a routine. I have been working out with her for over 14 weeks or more now and have improved my strength and eating habits. I have gained muscle but i am not losing weight or body fat. I have cut most sugar don't eat anything processed and try and eat a lot of protein. I will only be using my trainer through December and then trying to do my workouts on my own. I unfortunately can not afford the sessions longer than that. I plan to do the Body Revolution in January so that i have a plan in place but want to figure out what is going on with my body hanging on to the weight.

Has anyone ran into this issue? I am only trying to lose about 10-15lbs and tone. I know the less you need to lose is sometimes hard but i feel like i am missing something.

Thanks for listening.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I have gained muscle but i am not losing weight or body fat. I have cut most sugar don't eat anything processed and try and eat a lot of protein.

Fat loss is mostly about calories in vs. calories out. So if your body fat percentage hasn't changed and your clothes aren't fitting looser, then i would take a closer look at your TDEE and your calorie intake to make sure they're appropriate for your goal.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have gained muscle but i am not losing weight or body fat. I have cut most sugar don't eat anything processed and try and eat a lot of protein.

Fat loss is mostly about calories in vs. calories out. So if your body fat percentage hasn't changed and your clothes aren't fitting looser, then i would take a closer look at your TDEE and your calorie intake to make sure they're appropriate for your goal.

^This

And without knowing your stats and seeing your diary, it would be difficult to offer any advice.
  • emmalzthompson
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep? When it comes to stubborn fat ( IE belly/thighs/bum) and toning, sleep plays a important role especially in women. From what you have said, I guess it is stubborn fat as you dont wish to loose much, and wish to tone. Did you know it is better for a woman to spend a extra hour in bed sleeping than it is to get up and train when it comes to toning and Body fat % . Research into it some more. hope this helps :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention how many calories you are eating or your TDEE, which are the only relevant details when it comes to weight loss, cutting out sugar, processed foods, blah, blah, blah, have no imp[act on weight loss if you aren't eating in a deficit. Also, what makes you think you've gained muscle? Especially if you haven't gained weight?
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tigersword- I am eating between 1400-1200 calories a day. I believe i have gained muscle by seeing muscle tone and gain inches in my arms.

Emma- i could stand to sleep more that is for sure. I tend to stay up later and still get up early for work.