Looking for friends near Kansas City area

Options
Athena413
Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
Hey guys! I'm not new to MFP, by any means, but I'm moving to the Kansas City area at the end of June and don't know ANYONE!

I'm looking for people who are from the area who can give tips on healthy places to eat/shop, awesome trails and parks (and which areas to totally avoid), running/tri clubs, CrossFit gyms or gyms in general, or just anything that's a must-do. Feel free to send me a friend request, a message, or just reply on here. I have a very strong active community here in Joplin and hope to build the same support in my new home! :drinker:

Replies

• allybkc
    allybkc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    What part of Kansas City will you be moving to? We have a great city here! There are plenty of places to check out, however, Kansas City is very big, so if I can narrow down a certain area here then I can direct you easier!

Ally
  • mrsmegtobias
    mrsmegtobias Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know this is a 6 month old post, but there is an awesome cafe called Market Place Justice (12915 7th street, Grandview, Missouri) it's a great place for lunch if you're gonna be in South Kansas City. Pulled from their FB page "our eclectic menu includes farm to table, organics & simple whole foods. we also offer freshly squeezed juice, whole fruit super food smoothies & organic fair trade espresso & teas. vegan & gluten free options are available."
  • gourdliving
    gourdliving Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm attempting to form an in-person weight loss group, mostly for support and camaraderie in the Kansas City area. I put an ad on craigslist, which I realize is risky and could possibly lead to creeps, but I thought I would give it a shot. If anyone is interested, here's the link: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/act/4199949977.html ! Feel free to email me at weightlosskc@gmail.com if you want to join/talk/whatever.

-Carmen