Deep Thoughts....JFK's Assassination. What say you?? :)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
This Friday marks the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination. It is all over the place here in the states and of course had been a subject of much debate over the years. I have been seeing a lot of segments discussing things. Theories, etc etc.

But the thing that stuck out to me was the idea that it completely changed the face of America. It changed people...the people who were living at the time and their feelings on life and hope. That generation became much more cynical and as a result changed the generations that followed and not necessarily in a good way.

It just got me thinking about the what-ifs. Do you think America would be so different had he not been assassinated? And if you were alive during that time, did it change you? Or can you see how it changed things through the eyes of those you love who did live through it?

It's deep, I know!!! haha! Just humor me!! :laugh:

Replies

• SeoulKim05
    SeoulKim05 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This is a deep topic. I need coffee...it was hard to even type this. :laugh:
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    It just got me thinking about the what-ifs. Do you think America would be so different had he not been assassinated?

Well, USSR would have beaten the US to the moon, which would have changed the face of the space race and ultimately the cold war. Public perception of two of the world's superpowers would have shifted dramatically.

And who knows, that might have stopped the breakup of of the Soviet Union, the Belin Wall might still be up, North Korea might be stronger.......
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I was in the 4th Grade when it happened. I remember one of the Teachers coming in the room and whispering the news to my Teacher. I remember many Teachers crying. I knew something terrible happened. It was a pretty somber scene.

Even at 9 years old, I knew that a terrible thing had happened that had a global effect.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Time to watch Seinfeld- the magic loogie

tumblr_lqunqheiAv1qj9qhto1_500.gif
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I know pretty deep! lol! I just like to ponder the what ifs!! :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Time to watch Seinfeld- the magic loogie

tumblr_lqunqheiAv1qj9qhto1_500.gif
    One of my fav Seinfeld episodes. That was one magic loogie!! :laugh:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Definitely would have been a lot more juicy scandals involving actresses.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    If Kennedy never gets assassinated then he probably wouldn't have been remembered as that great of a President, he was ok but the assassination made people remember him forever.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    still tons of documents classified. cia was somehow involved.
  • soxfan2709
    Options
    I definitely believe it changed the face of America as we know it. I've been reading and studying about the JFK assassination since high school and I have been sort of rejuvinated since we are approaching the 50th anniversary. I think both JFK and his brother wanted to change things and the powers that be were not going to let it happen. P.S. I just watched the new movie "Parkland" last night. Awesome move!
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hes dead, get over it.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hes dead, get over it.

Beat me to it...
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Nixon probably never would've been president and then who knows what would've happened. JFK's assassination set of a chain of events that were completely unpredictable.

I also thought it was well known that Nixon at least believed that the CIA/anti-castro cubans were somehow involved, without actually knowing the details. It's well documented in history that under Eisenhower, VP Nixon had set up a program called Track 2, a black ops team with the goal of getting castro. When Nixon lost the race in 1960 to JFK, Track 2 kept going within the CIA. JFK was not told about it. When the Bay of Pigs incident happened, many of the soldiers left on the field or who were killed were either trained by, or friends with this CIA Track 2 group.

I believe all of the above is factual in history. The rest is conjecture... some people believe that it was this group that killed JFK, that the Bay of Pigs gave them a revenge motive, as they saw him as being completely soft on castro and cuba. I don't know. I do believe its also well documented that when Nixon was president, that his chief of staff Haldeman believed that Nixon knew something about this Track 2 business but he was afraid to know the truth of it. Like if he dug deeper into it that it might come out who was really behind JFK's assassination. Nixon taped himself, and some of this conversation between him and his chief of staff is on those tapes. It seems plausible to me.

I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist either, I'm just a student of presidential history. :drinker:
  • jdavila73
    Options
    There's no one that can convince me that only one man was involved. Too many things had to happen for the assassination to go as planned, and even more planning had to go into the events after. Oswald did a good amount of traveling months leading up to that faithful day...and how convenient that just days after he got back from Mexico, and a little over a month prior to JFK arriving at Dallas, he lands a job at the book depository.

Did it change our course in history...absolutely.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hes dead, get over it.
    Well the point of this post was asking people that were interested. If you're not then simply don't read the thread. A nasty "Get over it" isn't really necessary right? :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I personally am not sure what to think about it all..but there is so much in the news right now that it got me wondering what this country would be like had things been different. I ponder!! :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hes dead, get over it.

Beat me to it...
    Thanks for the input. :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    There are some thoughts that a SS agent in the car behind JFK's accidently shot him, which would explain the weird angles of the bullet wounds.

It's funny but I never heard Jackie speak until recently. Man, she sounded funny.
    She sounded like Marilyn kind of! Breathy, flirty!

And I've never heard that theory before. Hmmmm