Any Vegans?

Options
My husband and I have been living on a vegan diet for three years now. I have lost over 100 lbs and look better than I ever have. But I am still struggling with trying to regain muscle and still lost fat lol which is impossible technically. Anyway I would really love to listen to any input from other vegans like myself who can understand a little better my situations. I am determined to look amazing and my absolute best but we just have to work for it and be patient. Who's with me?

Replies

• JoeyBoy718
    Options
    Apparently this is a meathead forum so you're probably gonna get attacked by a bunch of Jersey Shore castoffs. I recently started a green smoothie diet so I'll take any advice I can get. I'm still testing things out so I eat fish once a day for protein. What do you do for energy? I bike to and from work 20 miles every day and it gets me pretty tired.
  • TheFangsKittie
    TheFangsKittie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    In the groups section there area few plant based groups who will be very welcoming and happy to help you :flowerforyou:
  • TheFangsKittie
    TheFangsKittie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Also if you like weights (you mentioned muscle mass) there are groups for that too. Very friendly.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    There is a group called Happy Herbivores that you might be interested in.

Great job on your weight loss!!
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    There are lots of vegan groups on mfp, you can use the search button to find them. I find that in order to have 80 to 100 grams of protein a day I would need to do lots of planning and cooking. This is even more true now that I am trying to lose rather than maintain because I have even less calories to mess around with. Feel free to look at my diary if you like. I eat a lot of vegan sources of protein; you will also see that I sometimes eat dairy or fish to get my protein needs met.
  • AprilLizbethWire
    AprilLizbethWire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have just cut animal products from my diet. I've only lost a little weight so far, around 5 pounds, but I've also only been doing this for a couple weeks. I had no idea there were plant based and vegan groups on MFP. I'm going to look into them.

As far as wanting to look the best you possibly can - have you tried the plant based whole foods approach to veganism? I'm really trying to focus on cutting out overly processed foods and refined sugars, and that might be something that helps you get to your perfect body.
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Not quite vegan as yet, but working on it. That's what I'm aiming at long term.
  • Divine2013
    Options
    I've been vegan for five years, vegetarian before that. Tons of us out there!
  • aawdclem
    Options
    Awesome thank you so much! :)
  • aawdclem
    Options
    I have actually, but not really on purpose. lol I don't even have sugar in the house, just stevia. And I don't purchase many proccessed foods. But thanks so much for the support and good luck to you!
  • aawdclem
    Options
    Sometimes I am still trying to figure that out. I don't drink coffee, I drink the herbal kind but that's about it. I do enjoy dark chocolate on occasion. Peanut butter is full of protein and I like to think it gives my plenty of energy, my husband likes to make a shake with almond milk, peanut butter, and either pea protein or a soy one. But his goal is to gain muscle, so I'm not sure if this helps or not.
  • aawdclem
    Options
    Thanks!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Vegan here, feel free to add :flowerforyou:
  • nerdlyness
    nerdlyness Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan as well and have lost a fair chunk of weight like yourself. If you need a support system then check out the groups. There are tons of us! You can also add me as well if you need vegan friends on here :D

Congrats on the loss!
  • fouroclock
    fouroclock Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Vegan as well. My diary is open to friends so feel free to add me. When I neglect to get enough protein in my diet I use Vega Protein powder and do well with it. Just started lifting heavy weights so I will have more to say in a few months.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan too. Feel free to add, anyone!