Pick 1: Healthiest Sandwich?

Options
Which sandwich/burger would be the healthiest option in your opinion?

I'm going to a restaurant with no nutritional info and I want to splurge a little (AKA not get a boring salad) and these sounded yummy to me. What would you go with?

1. Turkey Burger: Hand-formed ground turkey patty topped with guacamole, Swiss cheese, cranberry-chipotle mayo, lettuce, tomato and onion on a whole wheat bun.

2.Blackened Tilapia Sandwich: Blackened tilapia over Cajun remoulade. Served with lettuce, tomato, onion and guacamole on a whole wheat bun.

3. Smokehouse Chicken Sandwich: Grilled chicken breast smothered in our savory BBQ sauce then topped with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Whatever you feel like... they all seem pretty even to me calorie-wise!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    The chicken or tilapia sounds good
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I personally think the first one sounds the most tasty, I couldn't tell you which one is necessarily the healthiest.
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i would go for number 3!!! i love chicken but i would ask for no cheese! haha! im sooooo fussy! but they all sound good!
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I would guess that probably the tilapia (no cheeses) might be lowest in calories... But honestly, that's just a guess and they all sound yum!
  • lysslax
    Options
    Definitely any of them would be good, but I'd ask for no mayo on the turkey burger and no remoulade on the tilapia.
    Besides that they all look pretty good!!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    All three sound fairly healthy and really yummy!!! Since it is a 'treat', I would go with the one that sounds the best at the time!!! Have fun and enjoy!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Which sandwich/burger would be the healthiest option in your opinion?

I'm going to a restaurant with no nutritional info and I want to splurge a little (AKA not get a boring salad) and these sounded yummy to me. What would you go with?

1. Turkey Burger: Hand-formed ground turkey patty topped with guacamole, Swiss cheese, cranberry-chipotle mayo, lettuce, tomato and onion on a whole wheat bun.

2.Blackened Tilapia Sandwich: Blackened tilapia over Cajun remoulade. Served with lettuce, tomato, onion and guacamole on a whole wheat bun.

3. Smokehouse Chicken Sandwich: Grilled chicken breast smothered in our savory BBQ sauce then topped with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion.

What other options are on the menu? When I go to a restaurant, how many cals or how healthy a dish is has no bearing on if i order it or not
  • love2read1220
    love2read1220 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not the turkey burger... I went to ruby Tuesdays and I was shocked at how many calories the turkey burger had!
  • KateParker01
    KateParker01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The tilapia will almost certainly be the lowest calorie wise given the lack of cheese, mayo or bbq (usually stuffed with sugars and syrup even in a 'savoury' version). But I have to say the turkey one sounds delicious!
  • dontstop_
    Options
    Thanks for your input everyone. I really appreciate it! :)

@Acg67 The menu is huge, but I went through and picked the top 3 things I would choose regardless of if I thought they would be high in calorie or not. I don't eat beef so that ruled out a lot of burgers. There were a few pasta dishes that sounded good, but I'm just more of a burger/sandwich person.
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Did you run any of these through your food diary to see which one has the least calories for the most nutrition?
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the turkey burger for nutritional profile & deliciousness factor, tilapia if calories were a bigger concern.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The tilapia would be my guess....probably too late to answer though. The remoulade is going to be a iffy one though. If its traditional, then its going to contain a good amount of fat. Maybe ask for that on the side and apply it yourself (a good test to tell if its really heavy on fat, is to put a small amount in a little water...if it floats, it contains a lot of fat.)
  • dontstop_
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Im not going till Friday so you aren't too late :)