What does a 'typical' weeks excercise look like for you?

Options
...and do you consider yourself to be 'fit'?

Hi all

Just curious ;)

I consider myself to be reasonably fit, but not athlete fit.

I walk 4-5 days a week, do strength workouts a few times a week, and coach/play netball once a week. I swim when I feel like it and theres usually some incidental stuff with school (I'm a teacher), cleaning, the odd gym workout and getting roped in to helping mum with the garden.

Replies

• FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    While "Rehabing":
    M - W - F : Stronglifts 5x5 (lifting)
    T - Th : Sprint Intervals (cardio)

Usually:
    Sun - M - W - F : Wendler 5/3/1 (lifting)
    T - Th: Sprint Intervals (cardio)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme right now, which is a 3 month program. I'm halfway through. A typical week looks like this:

M: Strength Circuit (1 slow set of 10 different exercises with the heaviest dumbbells you can handle) - 35 min
    T: Cardio/strength (light weights) intervals - 45 min, and ab workout - 10 min
    W: Strength Circuit - 35 min
    Th: Cardio HIIT - 30 min
    F: Strength Circuit - 35 min

Rest on Sat/Sun but I'm generally moving around (I take the pooch for walks, clean the house, shopping, etc. I can't sit around)

I would consider myself to be reasonably fit (like for the average person) but not as fit as I would like to be. I need to improve my diet before I can reach that level of fitness.
  • cwsikes
    Options
    Run at least a mile a day with the usual weekly mileage getting up to around 25 miles and indoor bike workouts on my bike trainer 4-5 days a week for 30 mins-1 hour at a a time. I consider myself "fitter" than I used to be but definitely not fit.
  • ellskiNZ
    ellskiNZ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Jazz dance class for an hour, personal training for about 30 minutes where I usually do weights and some cardio or bodyweight stuff. Then usually 2-3 other gym sessions where I do a mix of cardio and weights on machines - I'm so weak at the moment that most free weights are too heavy for me. I try to make it to a yoga class once a week, but that doesn't happen often.

I consider myself to be quite unfit, but I am really improving as of the last month.
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Pretty Fit.

I teach 2 zumba classes 6 times a week. In my class we do toning everyday with dumbbells.

this is my story...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1109863-my-1-year-fit-versary-too-many-pics-lol-217-8-to-125-9
  • syk731
    syk731 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Run at least 3 miles a day with 2-3 long runs/week for a total mileage of 30-35 miles/week.

Lift 5 days/week for 35-45 minutes.

I think I'm reasonably fit but not exceptionally so.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I don't by any stretch of the imagination consider myself to be 'fit'. I'm working on it, but I'm nowhere near there.
    That being said my workouts usually look like this:

4 days per week I do Strength/cardio circuits - 25-35 minutes
    1-2 per week I try to get in at least 40- 50 minutes of yoga.
    I've recently started incorporating 1 or 2 days cardio/HIT - about 20 - 30 minutes or until II puke on the floor, whichever comes first.
  • biggirlnomore92
    Options
    I am no where near fit as I just started ! But I plan on walking 5 times a week and strength training 1 time a week.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Yes, I consider myself fit. I am running 4 to 5 days a week, around 18 to 20 miles a week (increasing now as I'm training for a half). I also do a body pump class once a week for an hour and meet with my personal trainer for strength training once a week for an hour.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    im up to wk 7 in T25 the beta stage i do this 5 days a week following the calendar im pregnant atm so nothing too extreme :)
  • Smallbluepebble
    Smallbluepebble Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I was an athlete but I can run upstairs and whistle which is something I couldn't do a year ago...!

My exercise schedule is 75-90 minutes of medium/high intensity cardio three times a week and 75-90 minutes of strength/weight/resistance training three times a week on alternating days. My hubby and I also go for a brisk four mile walk every day without fail (rain or shine!) as we use this hour to catch each other up on our day...

I also do about an hour of tai chi (just started a class and I love it!) once a week.

Crumbs! I actually do quite a blooming lot of moving about! :blushing:
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    P.H.A.T. Training method in the gym and running 4 times a week. I'm tired. I consider myself healthy but nothing special yet.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Weeks vary depending on weather but.....

A typical week includes:
    3 days of upper body strength training. (about 45 minutes)
    2 days of lower body strength training. (about 30 minutes)
    100 miles on my bicycle (20-30 miles at a time usually)
    5-8 miles in running (2 miles at a time usually)

No, I don't consider myself fit yet. I will consider myself fit when I complete an Olympic Triathlon.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Depends on the time of year. In the summer, I bike ride 4-5 days a week or more. Or I take my daughter in the stroller a couple times a week.

Now that it's too cold, I go to the gym 3x a week for various cardio. On non-gym days, I do TurboJam DVD's at home.
  • wcroston138
    wcroston138 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mon-Wed-Fri: Stronglifts 5x5
    Tue-Thu-Sun: Basketball
    Sat: 5 mile run

I aim to break a sweat everyday!
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Every dang day: walking, minimum 30 minutes, up to 2.5 hours on weekends.

2-4 times a week: Dailey Method CD. It's barre exercises. Incredibly difficult.

I'm not fit so much as trying to recover from nagging injuries. It's a slow slow slow process.
  • gracelynnking
    Options
    A typical week day: 4 hours of ballet class + 1 hour running
    Saturday: ballet from 9 am- 6 pm
    Sunday: 2 hours running + 1 hour swimming
    :)

oh! and dance conditioning 5 times a week. dance conditioning is like strengthening, stretching, and cardio from jumps and such :)
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Monday: Cardio: Run 40 minutes and walk 90 minutes, Strength: Legs and Abs
    Tuesday: Cardio: Cross train (walk and/or bike 30-120 minutes)
    Wednesday: Cardio: Run 40 minutes and walk 90 minutes, Strength: Arms and Abs
    Thursday: Cardio: Cross train (walk and/or bike 30-120 minutes)
    Friday: Cardio: Run 40 minutes, Strength: Arms and Legs
    Saturday: Cardio: walk 120-180 minutes
    Sunday: Cardio: walk 120-180 minutes

During the week, most of the walking is done at work so it doesn't count as real exercise. I still log it though.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Starting a new 12 week program this week.

Monday PUSH day (chest shoulders and arms)
    Tuesday HIIT treadmill. Trying to slowly increase the running periods and reduce the rest periods over time. Hoping to start running 5K races next spring.
    Wednesday Leg Day
    Thursday PULL day (Back shoulders and arms)
    Friday HIIT
    Saturday Circuit (lower weights with more reps on about 7 different body parts with no rest between each muscle group)
    Sunday HIIT

Try to also take a nice long walk on my lunch hour when the weather is nice.

Do I consider myself "fit"? I am a lot stronger, and faster than I was this time last year, but want to be stronger and faster this time next year too.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty fit for someone who has to go to a pain clinic :) I'm getting fitter, too.

I only do 45 minutes of planned exercise a day (rest day is less), but I'm getting that higher and higher.

I just do UB one day and LB the next, with one or two days for rest or active rest. I make sure to do strength training on a minimum schedule, and everything else I do is just to stay fit in general. I do dance, yoga and strength stuff, and I'm trying to add walking into the mornings, now, too :)

I do have some moves that are pretty darned impressive :) That's great fun, and it keeps me motivated, because there are a lot of things I can't do (at least for long at all).