Paralysis-->Losing 100 pounds --> Marathon!!! (pics)

Options

Replies

• Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wow, incredible and amazing!!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story Joy! Congratulations on running your first marathon, that's amazing. :)

Totally inspired me...I just got the running bug last spring and shattered my ankle in a mud run and even though I'm miles ahead of where I should be, the doctors tell me running might be out of my future. Well, if someone who went paralyzed from the waist down can do it, then so can I.

Cheers, thanks for sharing!
  • Sophiad16
    Options
    You are amazing!!!
  • Tohealth828
    Tohealth828 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! SO encouraging!!! You are awesome!!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • meyerliz
    meyerliz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment-you should be really proud of yourself! I can see the JOY in your face! Congrats.
  • Malaylah
    Options
    I have the disc problem too so this was inspiring to read. Way to go girl!
  • jenniferreneas
    Options
    Great job!
  • newjerseymax
    newjerseymax Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just signed up and great first post to read. Very inspiring. I am on day 2 the very beginning! lol
  • stephweeks
    Options
    Just wanted to say congratulations!
    But more importantly, I hope you realize what a ROLE MODEL you are being to your children. You are modeling how to be a healthy adult: someone that eats well, exercises and TAKES CARE OF HERSELF. Unfortunately that is something that SO many kids these days don't get. If you ever get down, if you ever lose your inspiration, remind yourself- you are doing this for your KIDS!
    I'm only just getting started on my journey, but every time I start to lose my inspiration I remind myself that I'm doing this for those kids I hope to have one day. The only way I can teach them to be healthy and take care of themselves is by doing it for myself first!!!
  • julie_emma1
    Options
    Your story is amazing and inspirational. Well done. Your children must be proud of their fit mama :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    WOW!! What a thrilling story. That would have been fun--getting that hug in the middle of the race.

You look WONDERFUL!! Congrats for what you have done and thanks for sharing.
  • rrobyn
    rrobyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    such an amazing journey - congratulations on an amazing milestone, a lot of hard work and not giving up. :)
  • bethshines
    bethshines Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WOW -- I, too, cried happy tears reading this. I was just sitting here, struggling with some temptations around late night munchies, and I am SO not going to do anything but go to bed and get up and workout tomorrow!! Thanks!!:happy:
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What a great story! You are so inspirational!
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    there's a lump in my throat...Congratulations for being a Triumphant Winner!
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You inspire me. I hope and pray that I can get my pain under control so I can follow in your footsteps after this kind of injury. I don't want to run a marathon, but knowing it's possible will help me reach my own goals.
    I am so proud of you, inspired by you, and grateful that you shared your story.
  • KingaS32
    Options
    OMG this is amazing! Thank you
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are inspirational :D amazing job!! :flowerforyou:
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow, you looking amazing! :) Fantastic job, I am truly inspired. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!