New to MFP Friends and Support Wanted :)

Options
Hi All :)

Back in April I fractured and dislocated my ankle which required surgery. I was casted with limited mobility for 2 months follow by a walking boot and physical therapy for another 2 months. In September I got the ok to start "walking for exercise" from the doctor. I still had pain and discomfort, but the doctor told me to work through it. At this point I was the heaviest I ever was. 186;bsI felt discouraged because of my injury but I knew something had to change. I started walking, a little more each day. I lost 6lbs.
By October I decided I wanted to make an even bigger change. I joined a gym and started MFP. Since joining MFP I have lost 8lbs (14lbs total). I just finished up my 4th week... I know I have a long road ahead of me. New friends and support would be greatly appreciated! BTW since working out my ankle hasn't bothered me as much

I love this site and I love reading everyone success stories at the end of the day. I can't wait to write my own success story with before and after pics :) Keep up the good work everyone!

Replies

• Ian_Stuart
    Ian_Stuart Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Request sent!
  • monajkm21
    monajkm21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi hun! I've sent you my request. Glad that you are recovering and on the road to getting your body back.
    Good luck!
  • ltgw2000
    ltgw2000 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am back on here after registering but never really using it a few months agp. Now I feel it is helping a lot and I am looking for friends too.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I log daily, support my friends, & my diary is open.

I was 167lbs in July when I joined MFP. Now I'm 135lbs.
  • browneyes97
    Options
    Welcome! I am always looking for new friends to support.
    In my experience, if you work through the pain, it's not as bad as you expect it to be.

We can lose weight together:)
  • sharon_in_missouri
    Options
    I just joined MFP - feel free to add me as a friend!
  • monajkm21
    monajkm21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am open to new adds as well guys! I'm in need of more support.
  • focknfree
    focknfree Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck with everything and I just sent a request.
  • nouranfayed
    Options
    Great i too am looking for support im really happy for you that your ankle no longer hurts i've sent you all requests maybe we can form a support group :)
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Request sent!