Office Celebrations

Options
Any Advice or tactics for avoiding the office party's (between bdays and holidays) it can really destroy your calorie count in a hurry and avoiding these tends to lead to bad feelings with collegues.. I don t mean to offend anyone ...so if you go to the break room to celebrate and don't par-take in what ever homeade goodies you are quickly pressured or guilted into it. ---- Any and alll suggestions welcome

Replies

• bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy in moderation...have a taste here and there (and make a sugarfree/low-carb dessert to enjoy yourself). More exercise and more water--that's my plan, anyway. :-)
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    We usually have cake in the breakroom for birthdays. If no one will split a small piece with me, I toss half in the trash (when no one is looking).

Charmagne
  • nanger1
    nanger1 Posts: 70
    Options
    I feel your pain! :sad: The worst are pot-lucks, because everyone wants you to taste what they made, and it's NEVER healthy! I wish I had a good suggestion for you, I need the advice as well. I can't have just a bite, it sends me down a very bad path, so I don't want to go anywhere near cake, cookies, or any of that. :noway:
  • ladyrem
    ladyrem Posts: 13
    Options
    Ok .. well thanks for replyin and understanding.! the peer pressure is horrible...(sometimes I feel like I should start telling them its' doctors orders or some medical excuse..... (my mom is a diabetic (that is true) and the doctor recommends loosing a few lbs ( no but he could have) ....if I hear anything good from anyone one I'll pass it on.. .. enjoy your day. !