"cleanses" and "diet fads"

Wake up people. The key to weight loss is...dun dun dun

A caloric deficit!

Carbs don't make you fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Excess calories make you fat. Stop wasting your money on these fad diets, "cleanses", and "weight loss pills"..all they're doing is taking your money. Pills don't "make you lose weight" all they do is supress your appetite.

This is in response to the "Lemon cleanse" diet someone posted yesterday.

Replies

• A calorie deficit is all I did. I dropped 66 pounds that way. Enjoying maintenance now.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    A calorie deficit is all I did. I dropped 66 pounds that way. Enjoying maintenance now.

I dunno .. sounds anecdotal. Got any studies that back up the notion it was a caloric deficit? Correlation's not causation, and all that ...
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    It's funny to see people who actually fall for these things when the answer is right under their nose
  • hippiechick76
    hippiechick76 Posts: 2 Member
    I use the cleanse from AdvoCare, eat all the clean food ya want. Its not about weight loss its about getting a healthy gut so
    you can absorb all the goodness from your nutrition. I also use there high quality vitamins and some of the Pro Elite line. However you do end up loosing weight and inches. Used every 90 days, its amazing :-)
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    so I really don't have to shove coffee up all my orifices in order to jump start my weight loss ??? Supercool :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    I use the cleanse from AdvoCare, eat all the clean food ya want. Its not about weight loss its about getting a healthy gut so
    you can absorb all the goodness from your nutrition. I also use there high quality vitamins and some of the Pro Elite line. However you do end up loosing weight and inches. Used every 90 days, its amazing :-)

"Loosing"? Pun intended? ;-)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    Hate to tell you that you can just eat "clean" food and get the same results without paying for a cleanse. And why would you need a vitamin supplement IF you're eating "clean"?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • pittdan77
    pittdan77 Posts: 98 Member
    I've never tried it myself. I don't think a cleanse hurts if done occasionally. If it makes you feel better, why not. The original post is correct. Diet and exercise. Hell, for most of us, it was more about just learning how to eat correctly.
  • JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    I use the cleanse from AdvoCare, eat all the clean food ya want.

I also eat clean food. I wash all my fruits and veggies before I eat them - and WOW, beleive it or not my body actually absorbs the nutrients. I wonder what would happen if I did not wash my produce - would my body then stop absorbig the good stuff???? :laugh:
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    I've never tried it myself. I don't think a cleanse hurts if done occasionally. If it makes you feel better, why not. The original post is correct. Diet and exercise. Hell, for most of us, it was more about just learning how to eat correctly.

For all of us I'd say. The world has screwed up our way of thinking when it comes to nutrition from the minute we come out the womb. Sad world we live in.