Creatine, CLA, and Protein shake?

Options
I am 5, 1" 108 Lb F. I'm at the gym at 5am everyday day, do muscle building off days and cardio most days. I take my CLA and protein shake at 6am just after my workout. I'm starting creatine and just want to know if I can take my CLA, then mix in with my protein shake with my creatine. *I'm planning on just taking creatine on my lifting days 3-5g. Does anyone see a problem with this idea?

Replies

• Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I mix my creatine with my protein shakes before and after a workout. I also take creatine on non workout days. I heard somewhere that you should have protein with your creatine (whether mixed or separate). Not sure about CLA though I haven't taken it =(
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    If you snort the creatine it has a better effect
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If you snort the creatine it has a better effect

I did that unintentionally once =/ was not pleasant
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    unless you are a lab rat, there is no point in taking CLA. it does not work in humans.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Playing the devil's advocate here, but even though a lot of stuff is as good as a sugar pill, the placebo effect is strong in all of us. Even when we know it's just placebo. Just going through the whole routine of "making yourself better" helps with overcoming the apathy many of us experience with exercise:)
  • BigJohnJ
    Options
    If you are a very experienced body builder/fitness trainer, then take 5g of creatine monohydrate with your shakes both pre AND post workout. Others may say one or the other, but both appear to provide the best results
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    The couple journal abstracts I've read on CLA indicate that it does not work. Creatine is of course well-documented as being effective and safe. Just a basic Whey Protein shake with minimal carbs in it is your best bet.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I am 5, 1" 108 Lb F. I'm at the gym at 5am everyday day, do muscle building off days and cardio most days. I take my CLA and protein shake at 6am just after my workout. I'm starting creatine and just want to know if I can take my CLA, then mix in with my protein shake with my creatine. *I'm planning on just taking creatine on my lifting days 3-5g. Does anyone see a problem with this idea?

It wouldn't hurt to take a serving of creatine on off-days as well. Creatine has been cited as having anti-catabolic and recovery effects as well.
  • rileyhall00
    Options
    How effective is creatine when it comes to recovering and helping muscle growth?

I did have a look around but I think most resources are telling me what I want to hear instead of real facts.

I'm drawing closer to finishing my weightloss and want to put on a bit of muscle. So I have been Upping my calories bit by bit until I notice I've stopped losing weight. From there I'll add 300cal and up my protein from 70-100g/day to 150-200g, I've recently got some Soy Protein powder to help meet those targets (cal's/protein) but a guy at work swears on creatine post workout and caffine tablets prior to workouts. I'm 195cm, 90kgs.

Can any1 weigh in on my question / plans