Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Egg Casserole Really Fills You Up!

Replies

• Mzwestex
    Mzwestex Posts: 1 Member
    Sounds great! I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.
  • cpecket
    cpecket Posts: 2 Member
    This sounds great
  • Yummy Yummy in my tummy!

BUMP
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    bump! We love eggs at my house :smile:
  • angfin
    angfin Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks, can't wait to try this. My daughter is vegetarian so I liked your suggestions to use Morning Star. Angela
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Sounds great! I will try it tomorrow.

Thank you
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Will it taste okay without the cottage cheese? Cause I don't like cottage cheese.

Im sure you can substitute for like a half cup milk or 3/4 cup

Actually, ricotta is probably a better substiute than milk.
  • BobbieOhare
    BobbieOhare Posts: 3 Member
    wow thatnks for sharing this recipe. Can't wait to try it!!
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    bump
  • This sounds so good! I like to be creative in the kitchen, making different variations of the same dish depending on what I have on hand. I like the idea of leftovers for breakfast because it's the one meal I usually cook every day and would love to save some time some mornings. I would totally eat a slice of this casserole cold every morning.
  • smpgetsfit
    smpgetsfit Posts: 38 Member
    bump
  • stacnm
    stacnm Posts: 47 Member
    Love the salmon and goat cheese idea. It is a must try. :-) THanks for sharing!
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Thank you!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Made this for dinner today. Cooked a bag of spinach,8 oz of sliced mushrooms Added diced onion,red & green peppers & seasonings.Used 2 eggs,5 egg whites,1/2 C cottage cheese &6 oz shredded cheese. Was done in 30 mins.Let it sit 5-10 mins,then sliced into 8 pieces. Calorie count was about 80 cals per square.Leftovers in the freezer.We liked it.
  • joytron
    joytron Posts: 103 Member
    This looks absolutely awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'll give it a try this weekend.

By the way, I like whole eggs. Do you think it would change anything horribly if I used 8 whole eggs rather than 4 whole + 8 whites? Thanks!
  • ellis222
    ellis222 Posts: 59 Member
    I love breakfast casseroles. May try this over the weekend!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    If you have the calories to spare,go for it. Here is a site to check egg calories/nutrition.

http://www.incredibleegg.org/health-and-nutrition/egg-nutrients/nutrient-chart

This looks absolutely awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'll give it a try this weekend.

By the way, I like whole eggs. Do you think it would change anything horribly if I used 8 whole eggs rather than 4 whole + 8 whites? Thanks!
  • ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    Yum!
  • manders7969
    manders7969 Posts: 42 Member
    I made some Sunday night. I used turkey sausage, 2 cups baby spinach, three vine ripe tomatoes, 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar, 4 whole eggs and 8 egg whites. I have been eating it everday for breakfast. I is sooooo good and only 260 cal per serving and 29g of protein.
  • pittdan77
    pittdan77 Posts: 98 Member
    Bump

Sounds like it's worth a try